Monday, July 17, 2006

The Buzz

The way my shifts go this week a longish mid-week run would be doubtful so made the most of the day off today and set out for 16k.

I'd preloaded the iPod last night but for some reason this morning I felt like listening to Boz Scaggs (go figure) and so dusted off the old Silk Degrees CD and loaded it up along with other stuff. I actually remember sitting in the car listening to this album the first time it hit the airwaves (on 4IP I think it was) one Sunday evening in Brissie back in 1976.

With the knees whinging a bit of late I avoided hills and just stuck to the bikepath and ran out towards New Farm and back. The first couple of kms were a struggle as usual but after that I was able to lift the pace. All up the 16k took me 1h20m so that's averaging 5 minute pace, happy with that.

I didn't start until 9am so there weren't many others out there. Though I spotted Tank Girl zooming the other way on her bike :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

I was wondering if you recognised me. I think you were running faster than I was riding. It was a good thing we were heading in opposite directions ;)

7:49 PM  
Blogger TD said...

4IP, Tesso? God, that's a blast from the past. I remember it well from my school days. Could have been an Ipswich based radio station at one point, hence the "IP" tag.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

For just a second there I thought you may have had a turntable in your car in 1976?

4IP did come from Ipswich originally. Didn't they end up with their studio on Coro Drive?

Boz is the buzz. Time to cut down on your medication levels, I feel.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Even though I love them sometimes I could just curse shift work. I think my longish, midweek run could be stuffed up too.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Wow Tesso, I cant believe you ran 16km yesterday and then backed up for speedwork today.

Forget about running with me tomorrow - you should be resting!!!!

Heh, you gonna come do Cootha with us on Thur?
Tess, Tara, Liz and me......the crew all back together again!

12:05 PM  
Blogger miners said...

mmm ... boz scaggs hey? someone's showing their age group again ;)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Boz Scaggs?????

1:09 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Who?!?

I like the idea of GH on 29th July though... you may have just gained yourself a tagger-on :)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home