Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Suicide Pact

It was great to see a huge roll up at Pat's this morning. Seems everyone has recovered from their Gold Coast races and is ready to get back into things for the Bridge to Brisbane and Noosa Half, and for some Sydney or Melbourne Marathons.

This morning was the first real speed session in quite a few weeks, no wonder it seemed so hard. Perhaps the legs were a tad weary from yesterday's 16k too. We had 8 x 1 minute efforts, with a 45 second standing recovery. I certainly felt like I was off the pace and think it will be quite some time before I the legs start turning over at a decent rate.

But I'm not too worried about it. I'm pretty happy with how my longer runs and races are going and am confident I can knock a minute or more off my GC Half time at Noosa on August 20th.

Still, I have to keep working at the short fast stuff. Simmo and I made a (red wine fuelled) pact at the PCRG dinner on Saturday night - we are going to bust a gut and go for 12:05 at the next 3k TT. Yikes! Thank goodness common sense prevailed and he said today we'd aim for a slightly less ambitious time of 12:06 :-)

13 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

oo-er ... we're not going to see some sort of Deer Hunter scene if one of you bombs out are we?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

Wow, I can high that sigh relief now you only have to aim for 12:06

6:30 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Anything is possible when you mix red wine with Boz Scaggs.

Good luck with the assault. Hope you don't blow up in TT.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh I love a good red wine pact :-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Red wine, is that the same as Gatorade.

9:02 PM  
Blogger TD said...

I've found those 3k TTs of Pat's hard work. They're not long of course, but can be intense. You seem to be in good nick there Tesso, judging by your ambitions for the run.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck with TT. A fast one and you might just snatch Mr Dark's PB at C2S and make him start for 2007.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

What a great goal time to have - I'll have to remember that one :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - good luck tesso! not that you need it for 12.06. 12.05 - now there's a different story...

9:11 AM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

How disastrous would 12.07 be?
Ah forget it and go straight to 11.49.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

I think Simmo has it right, I think you have a little more work to do to get to 12.05 but 12.06 is certainly in the bag ;-)

5:53 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Every one has already said it 12:06 is in the bag if you don't talk yourself out of it!

As for me i am running 3km tommorow night and i have to run a new PB at 11:15 to win (hows that for pressure?)

Best Wishes,
You can do it!
R2B

6:19 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

So the new goal was set after a few red wines? Why not meet in the middle at say 12:055? Good luck!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home