Monday, August 07, 2006

Bridge To Brisbane

Reading other peoples tales of woe about B2B (12k) it seems we were lucky, our bus from New Farm dropped us pretty close to the start line and we had no difficulty making our way towards the front. I was with Clairie and Chelle and we soon hunted down Eddie and others and stood in line with them.

I barely noticed the climb to the top of the bridge, and as usual forgot to check out the view from up there - rats! Guess I was busy fussing with my iPod, I couldn't get it to go. I'd spent ages the night before, clearing the iPod and creating a great playlist for the morning ... but realised then I'd forgotten to actually load it on. Idiot!

I was running alongside Clairie, who had been crook with the flu for days, and thought I'd hang in with her for a while. She mentioned she'd love a pit stop, and I said I could use one too so at 3k we did just that. I timed it, it was a minute. Back on the road I decided I'd stick with Clairie the whole way and just enjoy myself. She's so fast these days its not often that I get a chance to race alongside her. Of course I was relying on her not to miraculously recover and start running away from me :-) It was fun, stirring people up, waving to the cameras etc.

At about 9k I told her I was going to forge on ahead for a bit but would wait for her towards the end, and caught up to Chelle and ran with her for a while before dropping back again.

Clairie and I crossed the line in 55:45 or thereabouts. I'm more than happy with that considering I wasn't going full tilt. Deducting a minute for the loo stop (would've held off it I was racing seriously) that brings it down to 54:45. I reckon if I'd gone at 100% I could've come close to my PB (52:51).

So after that I'm feeling just a little more confident about C2S next weekend. Best thing is I have a playlist all ready to load on to the iPod :-)

13 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

now if you had run a pb with silent music, you might have started a new trend.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Woo hoo! Great run.... can't wait to see you next week!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Strong time Tesso. See you bright and early down at the start. :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Sounds like your C2S will be a good one.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

ha ha,I was so sure you guys were ahead of me, I had to double-take when you came up next to me. A great run though you should be well and truely confident about C2S now :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Seems like a good confidence booster for next weekend. When you've got to go, you've got to go.

5:39 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Agree with the others, Tesso, a great run and, boy, are you primed for a big one at the C2S. Hopefully, I can see you there. And for next year's Canberra Marathon, can you and Clairie give me that scary Clairie and scary Tesso stuff that you gave to Eddie. It seems to do wonders for motivation and fast times (although it also might have the consequence of an extended and unintended pre-run pit stop!)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great run Tesso. Well done. But who times their pit stops? ;-)

See you on Saturday night - looking forward to it.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Are you sure you have that music loaded Tesso?? Better check.

I am gald C2S is looking so good for you.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

C'mon down banjo players! Looking fwd to start line brekkie on Sunday. See you mate.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Great achievement Tesso - keeping me company and not complaining one little bit!!!

I had a great day out and it's all thanks to you.

Remind me next year though to not sit around waiting for the car to be given to someone I don't know!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger miners said...

great to see the form's coming back - especially with the hsuttling forward and backwards mid-race and waving to cameras ... all vital tools for next Sunday :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tesso, there's a good view of the harbour if you look behind on the left as you go up hearbreak hill.

Something in the low 60s?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home