Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wednesday longish run, Thursday who knows ....

Yesterday made it two days in a row of great running for me. I met up with Clairie and Toasty at The Regatta at 5.30am and we took off on the Story Bridge loop. Conditions were perfect, cool but not cold, and no wind. I slipped my iPod into my fuelbelt just in case they were a bit too fast for me but to my surprise I found the pace very comfortable.

It was going to be an untimed run for me but both of them were wearing their Garmins and of course I couldn't resist checking out how we were going every step of the way :-)

With a few kms to go we bumped into Stefan (not of the hairdressing variety) and Toasty and he bolted for home. Clairie and I finished the 16.3km circuit in 1h23m which I think she said averaged out to 5:07 pace. I felt like I could have kept on going for a few more kms. It wouldn't have been as easy or as much fun though without my two running buddies to keep me amused.

*****

Now I'm in Sydney and am at the mercies of internet cafes. Blog reading and updating might fall a bit behind. All the locals are probably tapering so there mightn't be a lot of action anyway ;-)

I couldn't run this morn as I was on a 6.20 flight to Sydney. I was thinking of going this arvo but due to the weather (cold and windy) I might just watch Bold and the Beautiful instead. Just trying to work out which would be the more painful.

13 Comments:

Blogger blues buffett said...

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Harbour City. I guess you'll have good early morning weather as I'm sure you're located near the big smoke. Some great cruisy runs on offer... no doubt you'll trot around Mrs Mac's Chair etc. Good luck in the C2S. It's not for me - I might live in The Hills, but I hate running up them. Are you planning any runs with coolrunning buddies while here, or is it just a 4 day stop over?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Definitely The Bold!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

practice,practice and lots of practice.

4:02 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Tapering! Is that what you call partying these days?

I reckon I would run on bleeding stumps rather than watch The Bold.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Welcome to Sydney.

The Broncos need a few new players while you're here. Anyone that can create an on-field incident would be a change.

Looking forward to catching up.

8:10 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Have a great C2S Tesso. Hopefully, I will run into among the multitudes on the day.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I thought there was more music in the air today. The banjo players are in town.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Glad to hear that the motivation and enjoyment is back. Enjoy C2S

11:20 AM  
Blogger Spud said...

Have a great run at C2S,see you Sunday.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

You had better flip a coin B&B or a run. I can suggest you will feel better after the run, rather questioning why you actually sat there and watching another relationship unfold.

3:31 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

I posted a piccie on my blog so i could be recognised as i don't know many CRs personally in Sydney.But i am sure i will recognise many by those little blue and yellow caps we wear!

Cheers R2B

11:26 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sorry I read this post so late. I hope your C2S race went really well?

7:25 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

...C2S results?

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home