Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Recovery Run

I had a 7am start at work today so parked the car there just before 5.30am and ran back to The Regatta to meet up with the normal Friday morning crew. The plan was to do a steady 4k run with Clairie before she turned around and flew back with the quick guys. Meanwhile I'd keep on going in to work.

We were leading the way and got to the 4k mark right on 20 mins. The others were nowhere to be seen though, they must've cut their run short. Probably scared of Clairie beating them.

I would have liked to accompany her back but didn't have the time so left her and cruised on through The Gardens where I was almost run over by Ally and the rest of Pat's Friday morning crew hurtling down the pathway. Good to see they work almost as hard as the Thursday gang ;-)

All up it was a not too stressful 10k or so.

6 Comments:

Blogger undercover brother said...

good to hear your crewing at GH this year tesso.
(even if it for 'the other team')
c u there :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

So Pat runs more than twice a week! No wonder he's looking so fit.

8:14 AM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

great commitment Tesso. My 5.30am starts are on hold until December, when I can enjoy 20 degree mornings.
Still, it's generally back to morning runs now, but this is 6am - so much more civilised ?!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Running at 5:30am, it is still VERY dark here in Melbourne still at that time???

8:36 PM  
Blogger TD said...

To pick up Ewen's point, I hadn't realised Pat had added a Friday session to his routine. I should be in Brissie for Christmas this year and will be getting along to his runs I hope.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I am for ever grateful for your comments on my Blog.

"Tesso reckons I can do 45 minutes" was in my thoughts for most of my run yesterday.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home