Tuesday, September 05, 2006

3k TT - Dreams Really Do Come True!

Being on crewing duties all weekend at Glasshouse (will try to post about this later when I have more time), and then working all day yesterday, I hadn't run since Thursday morning.

So I suppose the legs should've been fresh for this mornings 3k time trial. The body wasn't though, I'm still feeling the effects of being awake most of the weekend. I still have some sleep to catch up on, though the seven hours I got last night was pretty solid. I even had a dream about the 3k TT in which I forgot to turn my watch on and so had no idea of how fast I was running.

I scouted around at the start today to see if anyone else was planning on running around the 12:30 mark but nobody I spoke to was. After several strides we were lined up to start and Pat yelled 'go'. I went to click my watch on but had it on the wrong mode and so couldn't! I just tried to keep in touch with those who would be going not much over the 12 minute mark, or at least keep them in my sights.

I had no idea of the time of my first km, but messed around and got the watch set up and switched it on at the 1500m mark - at least I could time my second half and with Pat calling out finishing times would be able to work out if I'd faded coming home.

I finished in 12:20 but forgot to stop my watch - d'oh! So I don't know my splits. I suppose I should be happy with the time I ran considering felt so sluggish. Its my second fastest TT this year (not that I've done a lot) and 27 seconds slower than my PB. So much more work to be done ... *sigh*.

Good news is that sticking the time into a race pace calculator I'm told I can do 1:57:37 for the 25k Champs at BRRC on Sunday. That would be my first ever sub 2hr 25k. Fingers crossed!

19 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

jeez that's fast. nice work indeed! particularly given your massive weekend!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Good news Tesso. Looks like you will be way ahead of me on Sunday.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Well done on the time trial Tesso.Excellent result.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

How weird was it that you dreamt of watch problems before the race?

1:04 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Well done Tesso. Now you'll just have to dream about running a certain time and it will happen.

I bought the Ok Go album on itunes a few days ago after seeing them play live on Letterman. It's a great album if you're interested, but not available at music shops yet. The odd thing is that the guy who looks like he's singing in their filmclips is actually their bassist and their lead singer is really the tall thin guy.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

Wow second fastest 3ktt, after your huge effort over the weekend. I know from my GN100 experience the lack of sleep really knocked me around for a couple of days. Thank you for the support you gave to Blue Dog it was greatly appreciated.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Schmick time Tessooo. Best of luck on Sunday ! :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I know you will do the sub 2hr run on Sunday. I have all the faith in you girl!

Well done this morning. I had no idea what times people were running but you all looked too comfy out there....no one spewed at the finish even.

Your second fastest TT ever is a great achievement - maybe we should stay out more on weekends! :)

4:32 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Love you work Tesso - you did a great job up the hill I hear and with that TT it is all looking good for the weekend ;-)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Tesso, your 2nd faster time after the weekend you've just had?? That's a SENSATIONAL result Tesso - congrats. I have absolutely no doubt that you'll break the 2hr mark on Sunday! Go Tesso go!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tesso, you'll just have to dream of a 3k PB next time, and a 1:57 on Sunday.

Great effort with Horrie on the weekend (except for the map reading bit).

9:25 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

sub 2 sounds about right to me, well done

9:27 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Sounds like a plan!
Go get em Tesso!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Good luck for Sunday. Luckily I am only doing the 10k!

Gosh is Dylan that uncool, that they won't even play him on the radio?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I would be sooooooo frustrated and probably cursing & swearing for hours afterwards about the stop-watch. Hey, but that's me.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Great effort after your big weekend Tesso. Thanks again for all your support out there. Look forward to catching up with you again in Sydney in a couple of weeks when you renew your battle with Johnny Dark.

7:25 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Wow - great TT...and at least in future you'll know to take note of your dreams!!
Good luck on sunday - have a great run :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Looks like the running is getting back on track - would it have something to do with only eating things covered in dark chocolate?! Good luck for Sunday!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

A dream come true; just like me.
The Dragons will be a nightmare this weekend though.
Good luck for the 25km.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home