Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Running Away

With the SMC Half coming up this Sunday I opted for a shorter mid-weed run this morning. Any excuse :-) Clairie, Toasty and Shane started at 5.30am and put in a solid half hour before collecting the rest of us at The Regatta at 6am.

Toasty took off like a man possessed, running with Stefan. Within 1km or so they were out of sight. Clairie, Shane and I stuck together averaging a more sedate 5 minute pace for 10k. I found this fast enough, and if it wasn't for my comrades I would've been much slower. We upped it in the last 500m but there's no way I could up with those two. The legs just didn't want to move that fast, hope they don't object so much on Sunday or it could be sad.

I was hoping to squeeze in a quick gym session before heading to work at lunchtime but had to pack for my trip, the first part of the journey starts tonight. Friends are staying at my place while I'm away so I also had to make sure it was spick and span for them. It looks so good I almost changed my mind and stayed ;-)

So it might be a couple of days before I visit Bloggsville again. It might even be a couple of days before I visit Runsville again. Anyone want to throw in a few kms for me?

21 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

It was great running with you this morning. Enjoy your trip and good luck with the 1/2 on Sunday.

Happy birthday and enjoy your CR shindig next weekend. Cass, Shane and Samuel.

Have a good time at the footy, it will be unfortunate that the broncos wont be playing ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger TD said...

All the best for Sunday's run, Tesso. You've been in great form of late and I will be really interested to see how you go.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry, I need all the kms I can get ;-)

See you soon!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck for the half.
There'll be plenty of bulldogs visiting trysville this weekend; bye bye broncos for 2006.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Tesso

I hope you don't think me too foward, but I'm member of Pat's running group, online member for the past year or so, and I have been reading your blog, Clairie's and Matty's for the past 6 months. I'm interested in the way you all are progressing. I have just set up my own blog and hope I can sometimes write you all and get some feedback too.

Thanks for your blog it is interesting and I'm too following your path to a faster future.

Thanks and I hope to talk to you when your back from the race.

11:48 PM  
Blogger miners said...

you're asking the wrong person here I'm afraid - not even sure where my running shoes are at the moment?

9:51 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

I will run a few ks for you,
Enjoy the SMC half and have a blinder.
You'll run past my sisters house so if a lady with baby waves at all the runners you will know who she is!

Cheers R2B

8:32 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I did 2.5 today. You're welcome to them.

Goof luck!

8:55 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy the run on Sunday Tesso - I hope you wont be too put off by the thumping the Bronco's will get tonight ;-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Big call 2Ps.
Is the rugby on this weekend?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I think Sydney is ready for you .... I hope so anyway ... it's not going to be the same without you around here

3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can give you a couple, Tesso...would 750m come in handy??!!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I hope you are enjoying your trip?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

how'd you go tesssooo?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Hey Tesso, I have changed my blog address, same blog still to
http://my-exercise-diary.blogspot.com

5:15 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Heard from Horries Blog that you kept Johnny Dark honest!Thats the way!

Cheers R2B

7:42 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Sorry I missed wishing you well so hope it all went okay.

2:48 PM  
Blogger D said...

How did your race go?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Happy birthday Tessooooo !

3:54 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Weather Forecast
Sunday 1 October 2006

Sydney.........massive Storm

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

you cheeky bugger - hurry up and update your blog so i can heckle :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home