Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"I was hoping you know, that you might be interested in... changing teams?"

I had a top session at Pat's yesterday. With this annoying cough hanging around I wasn't expecting much, especially when he told us what was on the agenda - continual lots of 1min, 30sec & 15 sec, with a 30 sec jog recovery. We did the 1 min up one way and turned around and did the shorter ones back.

Once we started the fast stuff I just put the foot down and went for it. I was able to keep up with Clairie .... for about the first ten seconds at the start of each set :-) But luckily she wore her blue and yellow CR cap and in the mass of runners that was easy to keep in my sights and chase. I knew I was working extra hard when it was an effort trying not to walk the recoveries.

I had nothing left at the end, which was not good as it wasn't the end. We had to do 'Gold Coast Hill' - that really hurt. Just to check that it wasn't phantom pain I was feeling I joined Clairie and a few of others who followed the fasties and ran a second one. Funny, it always seems easier than the first. Might do three next time :-)

The Cool Night Classic on November 2nd. I've always worn the corporate t-shirt, its the only time of year it sees the light of day. Out of our work mob (about 200 enter) I usually finish as first lady and in the top few overall ... ok, so the other 197 of them walk. But I've decided this year the t-shirt is going to stay at the bottom of the pile and I'll run for the PCRG team. I'm telling my workmates I was head-hunted :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

Hope you're not due for a pay-appraisal soon ;)

nice effort with the lingering lurgy. Sounds like more than enough excuse to sleep in to me!

11:10 AM  
Blogger RunDave said...

When I saw the title, I thought it was a euphemism. LOL.

Tell your workmates that you would wear the corporate gear if more of them went to the effort to train for and run in the event.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

Sounds like a good idea to me.
While the job pays the bills it sounds like the real work is being done at your PC running sessions so you're simply recognizing
that.

12:39 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Right now I'm trying to avoid hitting my head on the desk - I am so tired! (it wasn't a dig at your post, honest!) I was up at 4.30am for a 15km hilly run which I started at 5am. Good to read that your running seems to be back on track. And what exactly is the Cool Night Classic?

3:06 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Going strong still Tesso!
A nice holiday brings you back fitter and faster?

What is the cool night classic?

R2B

4:34 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Thanks for the reminder on that date. I will now know not to go running along the path that night like I did last year.

Hope your choice is not career threatening.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Yipee!!! Does that mean PCRG accepted your application? Did Pat interview you to ascertain your fitness level? heh heh

Should be a good night - perfect chance for a double up day!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Looks like it will be a hot night classic the way you're running.

The local assailants haven't been caught, although the crime scene turned up broncos paraphenalia.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Well there goes your Christmas Bonus ;-) Sounds like a good call but, the PCRG wouldn't be the same without you.

Good effort today aswell, considering your health at the moment.

Oh and it seems someone has a guilty conscience going by the comment on my blog :-) and I'll let the Ann St thing 'slide' this time ;-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

i'm relieved, thought the title meant something else ..... nothing wrong with that ..... i hear ultra runners are quite nice people

6:02 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Clairie needs practise using blocks.

Does Pat have 'corporate socks' you could wear?

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home