Friday, October 20, 2006

Idol Chatter

R2B asked if I enjoyed the time based session better than the distance based one. What I like about the time based ones is you can bust a gut and be happy that you gave it everything for 4 mins, or 3 mins, or whatever. With the set distances I can bust a gut and give it everything but end up disappointed because my 1k time or 500m time isn't what I hoped for.

*****

I was up at 6am but didn't feel like running. Instead I went outside and checked if Pat had the Friday gang doing the same session as we did yesterday. How cool, I could spot them across the river at West End! And I could even hear Pat calling out instructions :-)

I eventually got ready to go for a trot but dillied-dallied around and next thing it was almost 9am. I wanted to watch that morning show with David Reyne on Channel 10 because when I was talking to ex Australian Idol contestant Bobby Flynn last night he mentioned to me that he was going to be on it. Not sure if that was before or after I told him I was never watching it again now that he had been voted off.

So it was after 11am when I got out for some secret heat training for Kurrawa.

Or not so secret training. I ran into Phil the Photographer from BRRC and stopped for a chat about the closure of the part of the bikeway and roads etc. And I spotted Dom running in the other direction and so we stopped and caught up on what eachother is up to. And there was someone else who called out 'Tesso' from a car with TINTED WINDOWS. Of course I waved and smiled and said hello. But I'm fessing up now, I have no idea who it was.

Maybe Robert Song.

Or Toasty.

Or ............ (insert name here).

The same person in the same car with the same TINTED WINDOWS has called out before and I've just pretended to know who it is.

I'm not too sure how far I did, around 12k or so I guess. All I know is it was hot. Not like Bobby Flynn, he is cool. Oh, speaking of Bobby, did I mention I was talking to him last night ...

22 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

My old ute hasn't got tinted windows Tesso. If ever I did see you when I was driving in my old ute, I would call out really loudly just to embarrass you :).

3:13 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hmmmm, how did Eddie know it was a ute.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

Bobby rocked, AI is not the same without him.

3:22 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

I'm surprised you didn't have Bobby convinced to go for a run ;-)

3:26 PM  
Blogger RunDave said...

I think talking to Bobby beats a brief sighting of Buster. I reckon he is pretty cool too, if only for not conforming to the usual popstar image/song-choice/lack of creativity. Then again, Holden likes him too, which really puts me in a quandry. Can I possibly like anything that Holden likes?

3:43 PM  
Blogger miners said...

damn - and I don't have a name-drop to respond with either ...

4:05 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Don't know if D Braithwaite would like to hear your glowing comments... loyalty?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

It wasn't me. I'd liked to have tinted windows though.

I could start name dropping here but I don't like to comprimise my relationships with the stars ;-)

See you Sunday.

4:50 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

My tinted windows are too far away from you.

And as I have reported elsewhere (i.e. rundave's blog) - I got excited because I have been running with CJ, Ewen, Strewth, Griffin, Aki, Flashduck and Allrounder! All great names to namedrop.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Whoaaa...somebody sounds a little star-struck here, methinks.

I was going to mention to you at some point that the Qlder-bashing that occurred on my blog the other day was all borne out of jealousy of all the silverware that is accumulating north of the border. Keren gives his own back pretty well, just by reminding me I am a mere cockraoach every now and then. I should add that I see him as a fellow aussie long before I see him as a loathable Queenslander. Which he is of course ;-)

Hey, if you want to see some real TV talent, you should check out this blog. You might need a crash course in Japanese reading though:
http://www.junes.co.jp/the_laceys/

5:37 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

I read on Bobby's blog that he was chatting to Tesso.

Bobby is too ugly for idol. I'm in love with Lisa.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Pity it is a crime.

10:17 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

i have tinted windows as well but it wasnt me either.
have to admit i dont like bobby.
he has too much hair.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Tesso, the guy in the car with tinted windows, was me. Na, just kidding, wasn't me.

I can't make any comment about Idol, don't watch it but the misses does.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

Huh? Who is Bobby Flynn?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have tinted windows. But wrong State...sorry.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

I have tinted windows, but not real dark ones.
I don't drive a ute though
and I would have stopped the car, got out and made a real scene about you doing secret training....might even have tailed you till you turned around and clicked how fast you were doing and for how long :)

So nope definitely wasn't me :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

People calling your name from cars with tinted windows, off chance meetings with stars sheesh what a life you lead. Now to just pick up some accolades from this Sundays performance and your fantasy week will be complete.

The only thing people shout at me from cars is "asshole" and there are more stars in a black hole than around here.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Bobby Flynn ? The gene pool could use a little chlorine methinks.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Is he as interesting in real life as he appears??? I thought his voice was amazing, I could listen for ages!!!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I used to drive a HR ute - didn't have tinted windows though.

Bobby would run faster if he lost a kilo or two of hair.

I ran with a former Canberra Marathon winner on Monday.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

i feel relieved that others knew who Bobby was .... it's not tinting on my windows, just dirt ..... had it been me, you'd have known for sure

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home