Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Last Days Of Chez Noosa

Friday 27th Oct

Did the Breakfast 5k Fun Run but didn't intend to go flat out, rather around 5 min kms. I was cruising up the hill about 500m not pushing too hard when I spotted this super fit looking woman just in front. I'd seen her before the start some serious warmup exercises. Of course I had to pass her ;-)

At about the 3k mark I started playing cat and mouse with a girl in tiger ears. This continued on all the way along the beach until about 100m from the finish when I made my final move. Alas 50m later she made her final move and finished a few seconds in front.

My time was 22:16. Happy with that. Its a tough course (2ks of hills, 1500m on the flat, 1500m on the beach) and I wasn't going 100%. Might've been a different story if that tiger girl had have been wearing bunny ears ;-)

All up 8k including warmup and warmdown.


*****


Saturday 28th Oct

Met up with Clairie and Ciaran at 5:30am at Cafe Le Monde. We wanted to do 30k or 3 hours, whatever came first. Lucky the 30k came first (in 2hr 42min) as I was really stuggling. We ran around Noosa Woods for a bit then headed out to and around Tewantin, then back to Noosa Springs before coming home via the Sunshine Beach turnoff. Back near the starting point was 27k and the ever enthusiastic Clairie made sure we didn't stop there. So we ran an out and back and around to bring up the distance.

The rest of the day I was totally knackered! This was my longest run since early March. I forgot how much these things take out of you.


*****

Sunday 29th Oct

Clairie and I did a steady 10k starting at 5.15am. It was fun watching all the triathletes walking to the start line, quietly anticipating what lay ahead.

That little run brought up 87k for the week, my biggest in about 8 months.


*****


Tuesday 31st Oct

I really didn't have it in me to do something speedwork-ish in place of Pat's so thought instead I'd do a longish run. After 30 mins I was ready to call it a day but hadn't done the National Park all week so forced myself to continue. In there I bumped into Jan, Tori and Steve who'd already been running for over 90 mins. I figured if they could do that after doing the tri on Sunday I should do a little more so ran towards Hells Gates. The path just before there was blocked so ran back and did about 3k up and back on the main beach and then around a bit to total 16k or so for the morning.


*****


Back in Brissie now .... *yawn*

13 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Great see your mileage getting back up there. Sounds like you had a busy time up in lovely Noosa.

8:36 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Welcome back! Sounds like Noosa was fine - its a case of 'wish I was there' for me! I will get back there one day.

Certainly sounds like the mileage is increasing. I know the feeling of being absolutely knackered after along run - happens to me regularly lately!

9:59 AM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Noosa sounds like a fun time. Always have a chuckle when you talk about 'just having to go past someone'.

TA

10:30 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Sounds like a lovely little running fest. Where are your comments about Sunday afternon? I got a hint from Clairie's blog that some serious social lubrication took place, and I do note threre is a missing run between Sunday and Monday. Not that I'm passing judgement, just jealous.

12:04 PM  
Blogger owen said...

Thanks so much for your support at Noosa Tesso! and for the photo! Good to see your mileage is so high, bring on summer I say!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Welcome home Tessoooo!

Good to have you back on home soil so we can continue our secret training for Kurrawa. Doh I forgot - we have blogs!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Maybe it should be "Tesso's Travelling Tales"

Good to see you back mate ;-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Is Brissie boring, or are you tired?

Looks like you had a great time - even on the knacker-inducing long run. Of course, I'm very jealous of your 22:16 5k jog!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

What a week Tesso! 87K is fantastic. Good to see you recording those long distances again.

How long are you visiting Brissie for this time.

7:39 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

ahhhh, it's a tough life :)
Sounds like you enjoyed Noosa. I'll be up at the Sunshine Coast myself in a couple of weeks!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

You're a role model to the traveling runner. To be able to get in so many Ks while going about your daily business is great.
I did hear of one man who came close but didn't manage the same mileage.

He would jog around the corridors of his hotels, he said the floor was soft and hardly anyone complained. He did get one complaint one day. He was doing this and an old lady came out of her room the moment he passed and yelled out for him to stop! He stopped and turned around expecting her to chew him out and she said. "if you have so much energy why don't you pop in here and use it more productively!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Some great runs while on holiday. I suppose you are now back at home for a rest?

Not bloody likely I hear you say.

Keep up the great work.

8:37 AM  
Blogger RunDave said...

Yeah thanks for the comments Tesso. Flattery will get you everywhere! I do look quite a bit younger clean-shaven, but I don't really like shaving much, so I usually just let it grow. I suspect a Mo will make me look even older!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home