Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back in Bris-ness

Wednesday morning was a 5.30 start, meeting up with Clairie and Toasty at The Regatta. As much as I love going away it felt good to be back in the old routine.

We ran into The Gardens and they both stopped and stretched and did push-ups while I ran hill reps for about 5 minutes. Back at The Regatta I figured if I did another few minutes it would bring up 12k for the morning. I ended up doing just a little more to make it a total of just over 14k.

*****

Tonight is the 5.13k Cool Night Classic. Its crowded and the paths are narrow, its impossible to hit out unless you are really really fast and start at the front. I thought it would be more useful to put in a solid training session at Pat's this morning and then just cruise tonight.

At West End we did 4 mins hard, 30 sec jog, 4 mins hard, 30 sec standing recovery and then turned around and ran hard back to the start (over 8 mins). I was happy at the end of the second 4 min knowing I'd gotten a bit further than last time we did this.

Coming back I had 2 goals -

1. Not be overtaken until at least halfway - I wasn't :-)

2. Pass more people than those who passed me - I did :-)

After such a solid session it will be interesting to see how I cope with another run today.

9 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

What you mean you are going to miss Bold and the Beautiful???

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

good luck tonight tesso - enjoy!! and its good to have you back :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Welcome back.

5:31 PM  
Blogger miners said...

not often when you can say you achieved 2 goals in the same run :)

nice to have you back Tess.

(oh, and I have a bone to pick with you about these bl**dy taper things again)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

A double training day - now that's serious! Hope the CNC was fun. 5.13k? Is it a Garmin sponsored race?

8:48 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good training session again. Hope you have fun at the Cool Night Classic.

9:00 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

How far is it from Ballina to Brisbane!?

6:24 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hope it all went well at the Cool Night Classic. Thursday is the day I do 2 run sessions - the morning one is an easy 10-12km and then I go to track in the evening and try not to kill myself!!!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Has that Toastie finally cracked?

Good solid day of training there for you yesterday Tesso. First a hard core at Pats and then another hard 25mins of running (well including the warmup).

I still am giggling over your rendition of the cop going off his rocker at the race. Ha! what a laugh. He is probably still red in the face.....hee hee.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home