Monday, November 13, 2006

Double Up Day

Racing on Saturday meant Clairie and I had to do our long run on Sunday. But we still wanted to get to BRRC as we both like to support their events. Also after the race was the AGM which I said I'd attend. So the plan was to do a 5k warmup, run the 10k BRRC race at 5 min pace with fellow PCRG-er Cassie, then do a 10k warmdown.

Pre race we only had time for about a 3 1/2k warmup. Too much chatting :-)

Cassie said at the start line she wasn't up for 50 mins so I thought I'd still not 'race' but rather run at a comfy speed to save something for that extra 10k. Went through 1k in 4:40 when Clairie caught up and we ran together for a while before she put the foot down and took off. The first 5k I stuck to 4:40s to 4:45s, and to challenge myself just a little upped it to do the next 5k in 4:35s to 4:40s. Happy to finish in 46:50 considering I wasn't going flat out.

Post race we only had time for about a 1 1/2k warmdown. Too much chatting :-)

That made 15k for the day, and a long run of 25k had been scheduled, so of course I had an attack of he guilts all morning. The only cure was to run again. I headed out around 1:30pm but only managed 7k though. At 28 degrees it was a little warmish out there.

10 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hang on - that still leaves you 3k short - get back out there ;-)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

double double toil and trouble ... take it easy or you'll burst a bubble

6:26 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

What do you do when it gets really hot? Do they still have races there thru Jan and Feb?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

7km at lunch time is a great effort Tess - not to mention the stretching and weights at the gym. A great day all round I would say!!

46:xx for a 10km is a great effort - especially as you were just cruising around. Can't wait to see what you do at the champs next year. I think it will definitely be around the 42 mark!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Would you believe it, Sydney is never hot and humid in summer and everyone is very friendly.

How about, you'll have to move back here for the cool morning runs.

7:00 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Goodness, that's quite a day Tesso and I would certainly agree with Clairie. I don't how you do it in Brisbane's heat and humidity.

BTW, snow and frost are forecase for Canberra this Wednesday/Thursday.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Is it not possible to chat and run at the same time? ;)

A 'guilty second run' - you are too dedicated Tesso.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Tes, you didn't mention whether you tried the alternating slow/fast k's for something different.

10:21 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

i'm sure u werent really 'chatting' rather swapping vital training tips.
in which case this should count for training time.

6:24 AM  
Blogger miners said...

damn - 2P was quicker on the calculator than me ...

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home