Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The World's Fastest Indian

Clairie and I met up at The Regatta around 5am and put in 4 1/2km (out towards UQ and back) before hooking up with Toasty, Tara, Ciaran and Phil. We headed inbound along the bikepath. Tara and Ciaran dropped off early, Phil hung in with us until the top of Gold Coast Hill.

The Three Muskateers then did an Indian Run over the Story Bridge, where you run single file and take turns at the front setting the pace. What a hoot!

By the time we finished the run it was around 21.5k for Clairie and I in just under 1h 50m (av pace 5:08), though our Garmins didn't want to admit it. After losing the signal a few times mine seemed to cut about 400m out, and Clairie's well over 1km.

Just to finish things off we did 20 push-ups. Well, we girls did the push-ups, Toasty did the counting :-)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No burpees or star jumps?!

Still, another 1/2 midweek suggests you are seriously mega fit and in need of a tough race to confirm it...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I did an Indian run ..... damn Vindaloo!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I heard some of those Indians are pretty quick. Now were they the full pushups?

9:36 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I think that Toasty is the smart one... :-) Those 'indian runs' are great, aren't they? I've only ever done them around the bay, hence we call them a 'Rolling Bay'. Really good when everyone is reasonably closely matched.

Gnome

9:49 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

I thoght an indian run was where you followed the arrows....

Nice work Tess.

10:07 PM  
Blogger miners said...

burpees!! Ha, I remember those - still a new one with the indian runs though. Must spend more time up at Brisvegas it seems ...

7:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You do push ups after a half marathon?!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Impressive av. for a midweek half as a training run! After a half I can't walk, let alone do pushups!

As an ex-Brisbanite I'm enjoying the training tales because they remind me of many a run along the river, but can someone tell (an ignorant) me where the Gold Coast Hill is?

9:10 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice half marathon effort there with a classy finish, especially for an indian training run!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I had heard the rumours that Toasty liked to watch.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Ha Ha Ha reading your blog we sound like Ironwomen!! Don't tell the russians ve are avter there medals!!!

It was a great run and now that I am recovered from it - I can honestly say it was the best thing for me this week. Just fitted in beautifully. Thanks a million!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Gee that was a good film.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home