Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Happiness Is A Chemical

Even though I worked last night for some reason it just felt like a great morning for a run. Pat had 1 minute efforts at New Farm on the agenda for us. There was a big crew again this morning including 5 newcomers - great to see.

After the last effort we of course had one last effort :-) This one was a much longer one and then the obligatory run up 'Gold Coast Hill'. Lots of us went back for another go up it. On that second one I ran up with new girl Rosie who has done a stack of marathons but was doing her first speed session in 15 years!

At our post run feeding frenzy everybody seemed to be extra happy, must've been the hard workout. Clairie, Tara, Ciaran and I were talking about Kurrawa - between the four of us we are in three different teams. Ciaran pointed out that we'd all told eachother on Sunday we weren't running today for one reason or another yet had all turned up. Ha ha, talk about secret training ;-)

Hours later and I still feel good. Guess running does that to you. And on that note I'd thought I'd share one of my fave film clips of late ....

Darren Hanlon - Happiness is a Chemical

9 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

couldn't see the film clip thanks to work filters but glad to hear the trainingi s all going very nicely and you are feeling grand! keep up the good work :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

We certainly were a happy chirpy bunch this morning heh!!

Great to see that you made it to the session..there goes my secret training for the year!

It was a tough session made tougher by the heat and lack of sleep - though how on earth you do it Tess straight after a night of working is beyond me.

So where do we meet up for our next secret training session as a group???? heh heh

6:14 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

So, did you go out in the afternoon for a second secret session?

Not sure what the chainsaw bit was about...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

This morning was extra special Tesso. I commented on that when I got to work this morning. After my run at 4:30 I grabbed the watering cans and watered the plants when i got home. I just couldn't help feeling good.

8:18 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Don't remember now what you blogged about but I liked the bunny ;-)

8:58 PM  
Blogger owen said...

Just strolling through blogland!

Good to see your having such fun!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

I was watching that clip on your blog on the computer at school today. Behind me a pack of Japanese high school girls, six deep, oohing and aarhing. Nice song! It certainly elicited a chemical response.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Interesting video. song is stuck in my head now thanks.

10:34 AM  
Blogger TD said...

A lovely feel good post, Tesso. I really enjoyed it. I also liked the clip, especially that white furry dude on the drums.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home