Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Its Almost Summer

It was a 5.30am start for the usual Wednesday morning crew of Clairie, Toasty and I. We headed off to South Bank where the tapering Toasty (he & Katy are doing Honolulu Marathon) left us. Clairie and I continued on to complete the Story Bridge loop (just over 16k). We did it in 1h20m, therefore averaging 5 min pace. We were pretty happy with that, it felt slower and it was a bit on the warmish side out there.

Checking the Bureau Of Meteorology the real temp was 23.2 to start and 26.5 by the time we finished, with humidity going from 77 down to 63. The apparent temp range was 25.3 to 28.9. To quote the BOM apparent temperature is the Steadman Apparent Temperature in shade. The Apparent Temperature is an estimation of what the temperature 'feels like' to an appropriately dressed adult. Direct exposure to the afternoon sun would add as much as 8°C to the App Temp.

Off to the gym now for some much needed stretching. Its 31.5 degrees. If I dress 'appropriately' I suppose it will feel like 39.5 on my walk up there.

7 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

don't want to be upsetting those BOM boffins by wearing inappropriate clothing now - it'll throw all their predictions out.

And that counts for Kurrawa too ;)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You could always dress inappropriately.

It has cooled down to 18.9C here. Still 'feels like' it's hot. Time for my run though...

6:04 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

When it comes to appropriate dress, I find less is more.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

If today was "Almost Summer", then I won't survive when it gets here.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I took a leaf out of your book today (Thursday), it was forecast to be a stinker (36 deg) here in Melbourne. Decided a real early moring (4.50 am) run was in order. Haven't blogged it yet.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

You always have good info Tesso. I feel so enriched after reading your blog :-)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Wow I feel like I just had a geography lesson on the weather. Thanks Tess! Makes me feel young when I keep learning stuff....also makes me feel like an idiot when it is stuff I should already know.

Then again, I still don't know what 'appropriately dressed' means......

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home