Saturday, November 25, 2006

A couple of easy 8k-ers

Friday I ran from work at around 5.30am. It was the last thing I felt like doing at the time but once I was out there I was glad I made the effort. Saw Parmy heading in the other direction on the floating walkway so turned around and ran with her for a couple of minutes.

I wanted to throw in a run up Gold Coast Hill to finish off. There was a PT there with a client, so I thought I'd make it look good and do two. Then three. Then four. Ended up doing five of them :-)

*****

Another night shift last night and again didn't feel like running but forced myself out and headed down to The Ship Inn to meet the regular Saturday morning crew. Ran along the bikepath with them then back to the office.

After work I went out to QE2 and ran a 2k warmup with Clairie before cheering her and other PCRG-ers in action in the 5000m. The race didn't start until 8am and by then it was pretty hot and humid, the sun had a real sting to it. I was so glad I was just spectating. That said, I'm running a half marathon tomorrow and its an 8am kick off as well :-(

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a strange concept for 'easy' 8k's. Especially 5 climbs up Ivory St! All the best in your secret K2D heat training tomorrow morning :-).

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

8am sounds good to me - it was 'only' 20C here at that time this morning.

Good luck Tesso - you'll do well. Clairie was pretty good in that 5000 - must have been the cheering.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Hope the HM went well. Look forward to reading all about it!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

wow .... that's going to be a hot one

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home