Tuesday, November 28, 2006

500 meter reps

Pat had 500 meter reps on the pgm for us today. This was going to be a test for me. I wanted to see what toll the 'not totally flat out but not too easy' half I ran on Sunday took. And I wanted to see where I was speed wise.

We were supposed to have a 45 second recovery but I was running with Lew and he was ready to go after around 40 most times, that was good enough for me. It was great, we really pushed eachother, and on several of the reps got Scotty in on the act with us as well. Without them by my side, or in front, or, on the odd occasion, behind, there's no way I would've worked as hard.

After the sixth rep Pat got us to do a minute out and a minute back to fill in the time waiting for the fasties (they were doing 8 x 500s). And as the session was at New Farm we finished off with a couple of runs up 'Gold Coast Hill'. Funny, I don't think Pat even told us to run up there, everyone just does it these days!

My 500m rep times were -

1:51
1:50
1:55
1:52
1:59 <= a bit of fade, but it was one that finished on an uphill
1:54

The first and last rep were the exact same time as in our last 500m session. The others were all faster. So for my test I'm giving myself a pass :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

yes - I'd give you a pass too - maybe a pas/credit.

Hey nad now that you're doing 500 metER reps, I'm not so worried about going biking :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, that's a pass - even the 1:59 500 metRE rep was good.

What does Pat think about all this sekrit hill training?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hmmm, seems I spell like an American.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - nice reps :) only a few seconds slower than my 400's!!!! *sigh* one day..... :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Hey Tesso, I like those times. Nice and zippy and very consistent. Seems to me that you have reached a good level of consistent fitness after those frustrations earlier in the year.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Times look pretty good where I am sitting. You have to be happy with that.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes those are good reps! It really seems like everying is coming together with your training.

You should have a nice summer of running and come "fall" you will be really "kicking some butt."

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home