Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Music - 4 December 2006




The Go-Betweens - Right Here (1987)

TripleJ finished off Aus Music Month with a live cross to the Go-Betweens Tribute show here last Thursday night (they formed in Brissie in 1977). Sadly band member Grant McLennan passed away in his sleep on May 6th this year.

Its hard to choose a favourite track of theirs but I picked this because they look to be having so much fun.


PS Its on my playlist for Sunday's Kurrawa to Duranbah relay :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

I was a teenager in Brissie in 1977 and sad to say I don't remember the Go-Betweens at all. But I'm glad you reminded us of them, Tesso, and yes they do look they are having fun in that clip.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I cant say I have heard that song before but it does sound like a nice cruisy one. Maybe a mid race song where you just switch off and enjoy the race.

To answer your Q?? I am running the 2nd leg, unsure really what I want to run it in, however my partner will be happy to come in around 2.15.

What about yourself, what leg are you running?

May see ya at Pats 2morrow

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice running music. Good luck with Kurrawa. Hope you have a good run.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

ROTFL. Robert as a blonde!!

Keep the Brissie bands coming. What about some Railroad Gin.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...a wonderful collection of corny sight gags. Climb aboard my pony indeed!

I think I still prefer The Streets of Your Town... and what about this early classic?

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home