Sunday, December 03, 2006

And on the 7th weekend she rested ...

... well, she didn't race :-)

I thought it had been a while since I'd had a race free weekend and I was right. Checking back through my blog the last one was mid-October when I spent the weekend driving back from Sydney.

Prior to that my last race free weekend was early September when I crewed for the guys at Glasshouse. And the one before that was mid-July. It was the morning after the night before (the PCRG annual dinner). Three pretty valid excuses. And another valid excuse this weekend, there were no races on!

*****

Saturday a mob of us who are racing (yay!) next Sunday at Kurrawa got together and had a nice steady 14.5k run from The Ship Inn. It seemed a bit weird not being out there for too long, we spent twice as much time at brekky :-)

*****

I wanted to visit a friend on the Gold Coast today so seized the opportunity to do a bit of a reccy on the Kurrawa course. I parked at Burleigh and headed south and down to the beach at Tallebudgera then turned around and went north up towards Mermaid. Bumped into CR Repete along the way.

It was about 12k or so all up at a pretty cruisey pace. The hill at North Burleigh/Miami didn't seem hard at all, though that was only 6k or so into the run. Could be a different story next weekend where I reckon it must be at about the 19 or 20k mark.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeha! 7 more sleeps to go. Till Kurrawa that is, not Chrismas.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are fit when you do two cruisy runs totalling 26.5k as you taper for next weekend's big race.
Hope you enjoyed the Countdown concert on ABC last night

7:41 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

wow - i knew you raced a lot - but wow!!!! sounds like a great weekend Tess - and I love that that is your taper! hehe. keep tapering :)

5:09 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Confirms what I've always thought - you're a racey girl ;-)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And to think, I'd currently love to simply compete in 7 races in one year!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going on the race front. You are like a machine. I feel completely humbled. I thought I did OK doing half a dozen races in the first half of the year, and then it was just head down bum up focusing on training for the marathon. And now another marathon is in the sights keeping a damper on things. At least we will have a little low-key club race this coming weeekend before our year-end party.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

For a racer, that's a tough thing to do.

Must have been the 'big brekky'! 14k is the long run I do when I'm not doing a long run ;)

8:39 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Wow - no time for tapering with your schedule. Looks like Miners picked up the baton for this weekend with his double up!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home