Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Re-kurrawa-very Runs

Still down the coast Monday morning Lizzle, Glenno and I headed out for a very easy 5k, up to Surfers and back. The first few steps were very tentative, but once we got moving the soreness in the legs lessened.

We dropped into the new super duper Ikea store on our way home to Brissie. The three of us made a bee line for the escalator up from the car park. Walking up the set of stairs right beside us was a very elderly couple :-) The top floor was great, lots of comfy chairs to, er, test. The lower floor was a struggle though, no furniture.

*****

I wasn't feeling too DOMS-ey this morning so drove into work early then ran over to The Ship Inn to do Pat's. I figured I could just take it easy, the only thing that would probably hurt would be if it was a hill session. Just as we were about to take off on the warm-up Pat called out "we're doing hill reps in The Gardens".

It was good to see some other of the Kurrawa runners fronting up, it looked to me they too were holding back a little. As it turned out the hills weren't too painful, actually the downs hurt way more than the ups. As the session wore on my legs felt better and I was able to increase the pace with each rep, but still didn't get to flat out.

I had to head straight into work from The Gardens and so don't know who was the lucky winner of the sunnies this time. I'm guessing it wasn't me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

The sunnies have to be yours one day soon Tesso. Don't dispair.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were brave to tackle Pat's session and the hills, and were wise as well in taking it easy :-).

11:30 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Tesso

Well done on your Kurrawa run, sounded/looked hot and hard, you were able to get a great time!

Your play list for the run must have helped but more like sheer determination got you through the last Ks.

You are on your way to legendary status if you keep this up.

Congratulations! What is next?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I was too slow to comment on your previous post!

Congratulations on a great time, it was a tough day and even more so by the time you began your leg. To run that leg and pose for some photos along the way :-) in 2.08 you should be very happy with yourself.

"we're doing hill reps in The Gardens". Pat certainly has a way with words, that would have almost made me cry after Sunday's effort.

Are you doing Mt Nebo Fat Ass?? Oops Im mean the 'Fat Ass event' ;-)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

The sunnies WILL come. Be patient grasshopper.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I bet you made the elderly couple's day.

Less than flat out hill reps is my kind of session :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice recovery Tess - sorry I couldn't comment earlier - blogger probs....

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home