Friday, December 08, 2006

Kurrawa Playlist

Maybe I should've rested up but I knew I'd feel better going into Sunday's race if I had a bit of a run this morning. Pat mentioned yesterday that today's session would be 'sprints in The Gardens', that's where we go fast/jog/fast/jog around a square.

It sounded perfect, I could turn the legs over but not thrash myself. And that location meant I could park at work, do an extra long warm-up and then run my warm-down back to work and be ready to start at 7am.

The sprints seemed to be over almost before they started, its amazing how much quicker the time passes when you aren't going 100% :-) The last couple of laps I hit out a bit and it felt good.

I'm slightly more confident about Sunday now.

2P - haven't won any sunnies ... yet.
Clairie - don't give up your day job, you'd make a terrible psychic.

Still need to get a few things sorted for the race, like drinks etc. The most important task is done though, my playlist. Here it is. Its a bit of a mix - old, new, covers, World, daggy, dance, etc.


To get in the mood before relay partner Nick runs in ....
Kpanlogo - Ben Baddoo

So I know what to do when Nick does runs ...
Run Rabbit Run - Flanagan & Allen

For the rest (not totally decided on the order and I may delete a couple and add a couple of different ones) ...
Sing Sing - Serena Ryder
Sleepy Little Deathtoll Town - The Panda Band
Young Turks - Rod Stewart
Tears On My Pillow - Clem Snide
Superfreak - Rick James
Speedy Gonzales - Pat Boone
Bombora - The Atlantics
Right Here - The Go-Betweens
Aloha Steve & Danno - Radio Birdman
Send Me An Angel - Thrice
psycho Ex - Andy Prieboy
Love Generation - Bob Sinclair
Blame It On The Bossonova - Eydie Gorme
Here It Goes Again - OK Go
Listen To The Band - Mike Nesmith
Le Toi De Moi - Carla Bruni
Macarthur Park - Donna Summer
I Like To Move It - Sacha Baron Cohen
Hurricane - Faker
California Sun - Los Straitjackets
LDN - Lilly Allen
Hit Me Baby One More Time - New Found Glory
Hang Up - Madonna
Gnawoe - Orchestra Boabab
Game Of Love - Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders
Elevate Myself - Grandaddy
Desert Rose (remix) - Sting & Cheb Mami
Daydreams About Night Things - The Meat Purveyors
Creeque Alley - Mammas & The Pappas
Copacabana (original disco version) - Barry Manilow
Come A Little Bit Closer - The Mavericks
Butterfly - Mason Jennings
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Goops
Brown Eyed Girl - Reel Big Fish
Hey You - Basement Jaxx
Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
El Questro - Downsyde
Boogie Woogie #5 - Puffy Ami Yumi
Chinese Translation - M Ward

Hopefully I won't get to these but if I'm having a bad day they may well be meaningful ...
Swimming In The Darkness - Custom Kings
Parachutes (Funeral Song) - Mates Of State


It might be hot but at least I'll have some cool music to keep me entertained :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Clairie makes a better sidekick than psychic :-)

Looks like you're all sorted Tess - have fun mate and enjoy.

Look forward to the report.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Radio Birdman!

I was going to feature them on my song of the week next week. Seem like a great list of songs and with your form it should be a nice day.

All the best Tesso

3:29 PM  
Blogger miners said...

love the lilly allen - that's sure to help you home :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

They used Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl' in the coverage of the World Champs Marathon in Tokyo...

Good luck. Give Clairie a scary ;)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Macarthur Park? Great song!

Best of luck for the weekend Tesso. You are going to fly girl - have fun!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hve a great race. All the best to you and Nick. Is Nick running in hi fish nets?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

What....no sunglasses!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend. You forgot "Summer Love"

6:41 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Best wishes Tesso!
Have fun out there and don't forget your sunscreen!

R2B

8:38 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

How did you go? I think you deserve a great run. How did you go? .... Ahhhhhhhh I NEED to know ... Post Please

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the kids at my son and daughters school are crazy about "I Like To Move It - Sacha Baron Cohen". I think it is due to Madagascar movie.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home