Friday, December 22, 2006

PCRG Xmas Run

I was too tired to run Wednesday morn so planned 10k in the arvo but ran out of time and it turned into 5k. Better than nothing I suppose and at least it didn't take anything out of me before Pat's Thursday Xmas Run which I knew was going to be big. And I was right, there were over 100 people! So it was a real party atmosphere as we gathered at The Ship Inn at 5:40am.

But the fun didn't last long as we were soon off for what seemed like an extra long warm-up (or maybe my cape was slowing me down) before launching into a normal speed session. We did 2 x 4 minute efforts followed by a few hill reps, then a few more hill reps, then a couple more, then just two more, then one last one ....

Kids were invited along with Pat's partner Susan taking care of them and organising them in strategic spots with their water guns. There was no dodging the little buggers :-)

We finished up the session at the South Bank pool with a great brekky (provided by Intraining) and the usual prizes. We had a Secret Santa where I scored a giant packet of Powerade mix, just what I need for Fats Festive Fatass run next week.

The Group Award went to Matty. You'd be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient. He is always full of so much life and enthusiasm I sometimes wonder what he's on ;-) And still no sunnies for me but it was worth not winning to see them go to the lovely Cassie who scored 11 out of 10 in the excitable stakes. Ciaran dubbed her "Clairie's Cousin", I have a feeling that name will stick :-)



Coach Pat with a couple of Superheroes (Dan & Peter)



Such a devious look on her face!



The Riverstage Hill



PCRG Wonderwomen Tesso & Clairie - that's glitter on our legs, not scabies :-)

16 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

Who's the hot chick in the top photo? ;b

Is that a compression Phantom outfit?

12:47 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice legs lol - thought you must have come a gutser in Canberra.

Sure looks like fun ;-)

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you done a session in the mangroves when I saw the photo on Clairies blog :-)

Look liked a great morning!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say looked like.....

2:27 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

That's it! Brisbane has gone to the top of my list for places to move to when the next big earthquake strikes Japan.

Scabies or not.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great party. Best wishes and I hope you and your friends stay safe over the Christmas period.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Looks like a great morning. I was wondering what had happened to your legs..

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL. I was wondering about your legs too!

From one Wonderwoman to another, I find the cape can really slow you down too. The day they invent a cape that is streamlined & yet still allows you to fly will be a great day ;-)

Have a wonderful Christmas & New Years. Thanks for all your support this year & I'm looking forward to seeing more of you next year ;-)

4:47 PM  
Blogger miners said...

you need to go hire The Incredibles on DVD to learn of the dangers of wearing a cape - and a mask and glitter legs for that matter ;)

Can you bring the kids with waterguns to C2S next year?

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those costumes are wanted for C2S next year.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a Calvin cartoon gone mad!

Have a Happy Christmas and excellent new years Tesso. May 2007 be injury free (for all of us!).

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What great fun, Tess! Not often we get to see it actually happening in running! Have a great Christmas Day.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tell Pat the green hair doesn't quite do it for me - and the skirt is way too short.

Have a happy Christmas Tesso. Thanks for your thoughts regarding the gift :)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tesso, you just go and have a wonderful Christmas, and I will see you here fit and well at the Canberra marathon in April, before we have a head-to-head at Doomben again in June.

Doesn't time fly? Unlike those superheroes, there is no doubt about that.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hill reps! What a great chrissy present ;)
I thought the kids must have splattered you with mud!
Have a great Xmas :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like a great morning...nice pics!
Have a wonderful Christmas Tesso :)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home