Saturday, January 20, 2007

In-Between Days

I went to Pat's yesterday for my first run back after 12 days, 22 hours and 40 minutes of no running. On the pgm was efforts - 5 mins, 4 mins, 5 mins, 4 mins. As I was only supposed to do a short run and no speed work I just did the warm up, the two five minute efforts and a shortened warmdown, about 6k all up.

As (bad) luck would have it Clairie was under similar instructions from the foot doctor :-) .... or should that be :-(

We cruised at the back of the pack for the 5 min efforts. While the others were busting a gut on the 4 minute ones we just walked a little and stretched. And almost got run over by a council truck.

I saw the physio later and he says my SIL joint is no longer dysfunctional! But rather than get back into training full bore he suggested running every second day, and no more than about 15k. I'll keep up the walking on the alternate days, aiming for at least 90 mins. I did 2 hours this morning.

I go back and see him next Thursday for a final (hopefully) check-up, he reckons by then he should be able to give me the all clear to resume normal training again. Yay!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

That would be a major inconvenience - finally having a functional SIL joint but getting run over by a coucnil truck.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Make that a council truck :)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news Tess !

Thanks for the tip on the PF. I had a frozen bottle on it last night. :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Get you injuries for the year out of the way. Great plan.

Do they make a Frappe in banana?

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get the green light to start training normal training next week. Good luck.

10:11 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

But you're not counting are you!!!!!! Good to hear that both of you are at least running, even a touch slower than your usual pace!!!!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Tesso and it was good to see you out running this morning.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Glad to hear that things are slowly improving for you. It's always hard coming back from injury. But if you do it properly, you will back running at full tilt in no time at all.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting viewpoint on easy running. To me, 15k is a solid workout. I doubt I could cruise at 5 min k's. I could probably get hit by a truck though. Or a cement mixer. Or a kid on a skateboard...

7:39 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Not that you were counting or anything ;-)

Great news Tess.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you might be soon sighted running 2 days in a row.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home