Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bob Dylan Told Me Never To Name Drop

Did another 4k walk late yesterday as I had to go to the city for something. I was tempted to walk home again but wanted to be back in time for my new favourite TV show Corner Gas (SBS 7.30pm Fridays). It has to be the funniest thing on TV in a while, but I'm yet to find anyone else who watches it!


*****


This morning in lieu of the Saturday long run I did a Saturday long walk :-) With some of the runners doing 24k to 30k I figured I could be out there for 2 1/2 hours and be back in time to join them for brekky afterwards.

I got as far as Healthwork's at Teneriffe before turning back, probably about a 16 1/2 to 17k round trip. As always when you can't run and have to walk, and hope nobody sees you, just about every runner you know does! Even Krishna Stanton ran by and kindly inquired if I was injured :-)

With the number of reported attacks on women now at 38 (I know of at least one that hasn't been reported, there's likely to be more), and me walking on my own, I got a couple of glances from people. Somebody even asked if I was on my own today. Everyone is looking out for eachother. But where I went was pretty safe, there were lots of others around.

The whole nasty business is front page news up here, and our Lizzle got herself in today's paper.

Tomorrow morning there is a rally being led by our PCRG training buddy and Acting Premier Anna Bligh. Most of us girls will be there, and maybe some of the guys too. I'm wondering if it will lure the offenders (there's more than one) out to have a look at the fuss they've created.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you can add me to that list to Tesso, however I do like my comedy's. I will try to remember next Friday.

Nice job today with the walking, Im guessing you had some pretty good tunes to remain out there for that long.

Too bad we didn't see you at Poppys, we got back in 90 mins after the 18k loop and went to have breakfast not long after. Stayed for about 1/2 hour but hardly anyone was there.

Hopefully next week you will be back with the group.

Good to hear that you will be out tomorrow for the rally, certainly a great cause.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just loved your heading today tessooooo. I laughed out loud. Darn, I will have to improve mine.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Gee Tesso, that sounds a bit scary. Hope whoevers responsible is caught real soon.

Its amazing how appealing walking becomes when its all you can do for a while! But have to say, thats a bloody long walk! Hope the backs as good as new soon.

Cheers, MAR.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I suppose you have to add mace to your list of running accessories. Take care please. Hope you are back running soon.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Bruce told me I was born not to run.

Be careful Tesso.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Lizzle in the paper yesterday then low and behold, I saw her this morning when I was running.

I am glad your injury is healing quickly Tesso. All that walking must be tiring.

12:34 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

That was a looong walk! Take care and hopefully they will catch the offenders soon.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Tesso you all get out there and reclaim those running paths it's pretty important to show some solidarity in cases like this.

And in case you come across some trouble you know where the pelvis is don't you? A kick between the "llium" and around the "sacrum" area should do it.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah or carry knuckle dusters as well and give them a good workout in that region.
It's made the news here big time, and just makes me hope a few guys catch the offenders before the cops. Of course they'd hand them over immediately...
Good recovery programme; you'll be running hard soon...

7:58 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Well done on the long walk when you no doubt wanted to be running. Hope you continue to heal up quick smart so you can prepare well for the 6hr! Also hope they catch the offender(s) soon.

7:59 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

2 words.
pepper.
spray.

hope the SI joint is feeling better.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you managed to walk that far without cheating just a LITTLE bit and run. I know I would have been tempted.

I agree with everyone so far about the attacks - it's time to say that we won't accept it (and carry pepper spray in case they don't get the message). I see the rally went well.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job with the walking. Your walk was longer than my run (and probably faster too :-o).

4:52 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Wlaking is good ;-)

Well done mate - good luck with the recovery.

5:40 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Glad to see the rally geting organised. There's news filtering down this way about it all too (not just on CR).

Thanks for the recommendation about Corner Gas. Always love some SBS gems. Man Stroke Woman on Wednesdays ABC is worth a look too if you haven't seen it

8:30 PM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Best wishes with the back recovery; I'll hold off with the glute and bum lines that I just sprayed Lulu with. Times are a changin.

Happy after the weekend not to be knockin' on heaven's door.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I am just catching up on things. Sounds like you've had a case of "I can't stand up for falling down".

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hope they catch those guys soon. Yesterday there were police motor bikes cruising the cycle path on my long run at 6:00am. I guess the coppers on the mountain bikes must have got tired.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, great to see that rally Tesso. Just wish I could have been there. I hope the guys showed up in force, as well as the ladies (says a very tired and jet lagged TD from Los Angeles).

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home