Friday, January 12, 2007

Reporting Back

I knew even before I saw the physio yesterday arvo that it was likely I wouldn't be running for a few days. Though the lower back felt better, it certainly didn't feel 100%. The real test is standing on one leg - standing on the right is fine, but on the left I'm not as steady and get a bit of back pain. So I wasn't too surprised or disappointed when he said no running until my next visit on Tuesday.



As the sacroiliac joint dysfunction is acute, as opposed to chronic, and was caused by trauma (the fall) and not overuse, the recovery is coming along really well. And if I do everything I'm told then I should be fine next week sometime. Gotta be happy about that.

He also told me I can do lots of walking, and even walk fast enough to work up a sweat. And I can cycle and water run. Yesterday I did a 5k walk on the treddy at the gym while I watched the tele. Not sure if it was the walking itself or Bert's Family Feud, but gee it was boring.

This morning I did just over 8k - listened to some new music so the time (1h20m) went sort of quickly. Tomorrow will be a long walk, up to 3 hours, and I'll try to go a bit faster than today.

With all the walking and the exercises, plus doing stretching, weights etc at the gym (been there four days in a row now) I think I will be okay to do the 6 hours at Caboolture on Feb 10th.

Getting happier Jan :-)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes crossed for ya Tess.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very good about the acute not chronic thing and that you should be back into things next week.

The few days rest will probably do wonders for other things too :-).

Maybe we'll see you out there somewhere as you powerwalk the river loop tomorrow :-).

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, one of my favourite sights, an exposed pelvis...

You have also just reaffirmed my aversion to physiotherapists. "Stop running, stop running, nag, nag, nag.." ;-)

Glad you'll be able to run 6 hours on my birthday!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Man you are doing more training than me - and your'e supposed to be in recovery mode. Too funny!

Well I guess that means I had better charge up the good ole ipod for my lonely run tomorrow.

Chillipants and Tara will no doubt be off 10km in front of me as I slowly jog my run.


So do you think you could become Ms Universe if you keep up the gym routine? Can't wait to see those abs pulsing hard when you flex them on our next run. I'll look like the jelly doughnut next to you.
So are you up to 50 pushups after a walk or 60?

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds painful. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Amazing, you just love doing BIG & LONG events, 6 hours at Caboolture, tough work, I hope the hip eases up quickly and doesn't cause any probs on 10 Feb.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha you have still done more k's this week than me. Well not really funny, pretty sad really on my part.

That is great that it is on the mend and that you are still hopeful for Caboolture.

Cass and I will be back tomorrow for another loop, hopefully you will be around I know you cant resist Poppy's coffee ;-)

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the back turns out ok Tesso. Lucky you can still keep up the fitness by walking fast.

8:38 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hope it gets better real soon! In the meantime just crank up the music and go for it on the dreadmill! I want to see you here for the marathon! Seriously though, I do hope it heals quickly and that you will have no more problems. Walk slowly up and down those steps!

ps I'm enjoying Keep the Coffee Coming. Thanks for that!

8:49 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Given the choice between water running and Bert, I'd take the water running... :-)

Good news from the physio.

Gnome

8:50 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

I've always said you have a cute sacroiliac Tesso ;-)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I think you need a feed Tess.

You could always try a 6 hour walk on the Treddy in preparation for Caboolture. Just don't fall asleep - that could be dangerous.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home