Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Don't Wanna Be A Cowboy

I'd been warned by Jonesy about getting sore glutes from lots of walking, but I had no idea it would be this bad. I pulled up okay from the 2 1/2 hrs on Saturday, and after doing 7k on Sunday morning (Cribb St up to Kelvin Grove for the Walk Without Fear rally and then from there over to West End). I think it was the walk up to the top of the hill at Mt Coot-tha and back that afternoon that did me in.

I felt okay at the time, it wasn't until Monday morning the pain hit. Still I did 6k on the bikeway and then was planning another 4k on the treddy at the gym in the arvo to make it a nice round 10k for the day. But after 2k I'd had enough and had to resort to the bike to see me through to the end of The Bold & The Beautiful.

I'm walking like John Wayne ..... well, like he used to walk when he was alive.

I'm feeling pretty confident that the physio will give me the go-ahead this arvo to start running again. The SIJ pain has almost disappeared, or maybe its just the gluteus hurteus has taken my mind off it.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't got the 'six shooters' hanging from your hips to back it up the cowboy swagger is not a good look.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I like the cover story and almost bought it. (My next sentance would get me in toruble, so I resist)

9:51 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work pilgrim ;-)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noice ;-) I love a sexy swagger! Sounds like a good time to be off your feet up there at the moment! Make sure you take care when running!!!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was "I don't want to be a cowgirl"?

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's crazy isn't it? I pull up sore aswell when we do pack marches at work, striding out up hills really does the damage but.

If you like, I have some welding chaps at work you can borrow, you may feel more at ease if you look the part ;-)

Fingers crossed the physio gives the go-ahead.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

Talk about a walk on the wildside, all good training for PMC ;-)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

The John Wayne walk is not a good look. That's me the morning after every 6' training run.

7:35 PM  
Blogger the_en4cer said...

I had a bit of the John Wayne walk going myself on Monday after doing the Pyramid on Saturday. Funny thing is that on Sunday I felt fine - so much so that I went for a run.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeha, that's some lotta k's there pilgrim.

9:19 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Who would've thought! I guess i don't walk fast enough or for long enough to suffer DOMS!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home