Monday, January 22, 2007

Here It Goes Again

I told myself on my non running days I will walk and today I did just that. I bussed it in to work last night so I could walk home - 4.5ks or thereabouts. Then I just put in another 7.5k at the gym.

I'm almost starting to enjoy it. Can't have that. The physio had better give me the okay to go back to running six days a week. Or seven. Might be pushing it if I ask for eight.

Australia Day is approaching, and so the announcement of the Hottest 100 on triplej. Toasty and I are having our annual little comp, known as the Frappe Five. Each of us picks five songs and whoever gets the most in the top 10 scores a fruit frappe. He has gone public with his picks so I guess I should too ...

OK GO - Here Its Goes Again
AFI - Love Like Winter
Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails, Red Wine
My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade
Darren Hanlon - Happiness Is A Chemical

I'm pretty confident about the first two, not so much the second two.

I'm putting Darren Hanlon in as he is a Queenslander, and is very talented, and funny, and cool in an uncool sort of way. I don't think he stands a chance. But you never know, maybe if all of his home town Gympie voted for him .... :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I've actually heard of some of those (reading your blog helps).

Eight days a week would be handy. You could run seven and walk one, seeing you're enjoying it so much :)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, from the title I thought you'd hurt yourself again, instead it was an OK GO reference. As you'd guess, I like the OK GO choice. Not sure if their to 10 though (for the general punters that is).

8:00 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I know songs numbered 1, 3 and 5 but mostly thanks to you.

I have a good mate that lived in Gympie too and he is very cool.

Enjoy your yuppie beverage, I bet not too many people drink them in Gympie though.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that walking after a 14K race would have done you the world of good Tesso.

How ignorant am I? I ahvn't heard of any of those songs.

8:58 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

As much as you're enjoying walking and the gym, hope you get the all clear so you can get some prep in for the 6 hour.
Good luck with the tipping!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Bonus points for picking a Queenslander .... if it is all tied up then you will have to win on that basis

9:10 PM  
Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - you could try negotiating - ask for 10 then you'll get 8 for sure :)

good luck with the frappe!!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Bernie G said...

Good luck with the Annual Comp. I never picked you as the competetive type ;-).

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never listen to the radio and so it shows that I am not up with the latest as I only know the My Chemicial Romance song. The only reason I know it is because "Santa" brought the CD single for Kewell for Christmas. He drove everybody crazy playing it for a few weeks.

7:59 AM  
Blogger miners said...

good to see the training's coming back on track - and not long to Caboolture either!

yeah, don't mind the track selection - although I think you only put EJ's track in because you were guaranteed of a Top 10 finish :P

I STILL can't get into D.Hanlon's track - despite your best efforts at trying to educate me. And now I find out he's from Gympie(!) so I'm going to give up trying now ;)

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, i better change radio stations. don't know any of those. News Radio doesn't play many at all. Actually it only plays themes for the news, sport, finance and weather.

9:28 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

*Tesso said* "I'm putting Darren Hanlon in as he is a Queenslander, and is very talented, and funny, and cool"

Must have moved up there from down south ;-)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home