Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Monday Music - 22nd January 2007



Herman Dune - I Wish That I Could See You Soon (2006)

It can be annoying waiting for YouTube clips to download, but trust me, this is worth the wait. They look like they're having so much fun, and that little dude in the blue t-shirt is a pretty good dancer :-) You can find another version of the clip on YouTube, and it shows these green men moving green props around - its all the stuff that is edited out.

When I first heard Herman Dune I thought it was one guy, but a bit of googling revealed this ...

The Herman Düne family has roots in Sweden, France and New York. The brothers David-Ivar ('Ya Ya') - guitar, bass & vocals and André - guitar, sax & vocals - have played together since early childhood with Néman on drums and recent addition, younger sister Lisa, backing vocals. They now live variously in Berlin, New York & Paris and gather to tour and record as often as possible.

This song was recorded last year though its not due for release in the UK until this month. I'm predicting this will be a huge hit here. I read one review describing the song as "infectious". I just hope I don't get sick of it when the radio stations give it a hammering.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your going to have to change the name to Tuesday Tunes. But don't let this slid into Wednesday, cause nothing musical rhymes with that unless you like western music.

11:19 AM  
Blogger miners said...

damn - it's infected me :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Very catchy...and you're right about that little kid in blue! A very smooth operator!

And on the music topic - a friend and I have come up with our 5 selections for the top 10 - just some friendly interstate rivalry!!!
Hilltop Hoods - The Hard road
Muse - Starlight
Bob Evans - Don't walk Alone
Arctic monkeys - Leave before the lights come on
Killers - Sams Town

7:48 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm a sucker for dancing subtitles. You is having such a good time too!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home