Friday, January 26, 2007

He Just Smiled And Gave Me A Vegemite Sandwich

For this special public holiday we thought we'd do something a little different. Well, it was different for half the crowd as they'd never run this course before and for the rest of us it had been a while. Starting at St Lucia Golf Club we ran out to Lone Pine and back, 13k all up. Its such a lovely run, hilly though. But all of us were planning an easy day so it didn't matter. I didn't time it though I think Clairie said we averaged around 5:30 pace.

There were a stack of teenagers at Indooroopilly Railway Station, not sure where they were headed. When they spotted us a couple of the lads joined in. Needless to say they lasted about 200m.

I wore my Aussie flag cap. No hint of violence from my fellow runners however a crazy woman in a car did go out of her way to try to run us over as we were leaving Lone Pine. I pity any koalas she cuddles today.

Most of us stayed at the club for brekky afterwards and as tempting as other things on the menu looked I thought it fitting I order the Vegemite toast :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Spud said...

"where women glow and men chunder" :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger TD said...

Happy Australia Day Tess! That sounds like a really lovely run out to Lone Pine and, knowing the area, I can just imagine it in my mind.

I am a big Vegemite fan too and would be with you in spirit today at that brekky.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I take a vegemite sandwich with me at 6' - true!

Did you say 'G'day' to my mates at Lone Pine?

5:18 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Happy Australia Day Tesso. Thanks for the offer of sending Vegemite sandwiches. But if I wanted something black and unedible I'll ask my wife to grill up some fish.

By the way I saw your lastest music clip and I was like "Wow it's catchy."

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Jealous....about the run that is, not the Vegimite. I wish I'd not been on a rest day and could have tagged along. Rolling hills and an easy pace just sounds like bliss.

Hope you have a good 5k this weekend!

Augie March, Augie March, Augie March! Hehehe

8:32 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Vegemite Toast...Hmmm I think I will go and have some now that you mention it.

8:50 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

See you when you get to the land down under :-)

PS Jen has a big mouth!!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

footballs, meat pies, kangaroos and holden cars...none of which were in mine or your Aust Day celebrations. Now...running all that way just see the sign out the front of a collection of our native fauna! that's dedication. i gre up around there...lots of hills alright.

12:15 PM  
Blogger owen said...

Happy Australia Day Tesso!

Can I ask... What are the details of PCRG?

I'm keen to do one speed session a week with the group...

7:24 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

good recovery - seems like you're back on track.
If I'm reading the CR website correctly, you then popped down here for a quick 5k Bay time trial...
You need more activity in your life :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Your a patriot Tesso good on you!
Happy Australia day!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I thought of you on my long run yesterday when your recommended songs, Here Its Goes Again and Dance The Night Away came on in succession on the MP3 player. Keep up the good running music choices.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home