Friday, February 16, 2007

The Sunnies Ain't Gonna Shine Any More

Yesterday was the last session of the Adidas Sunglasses Summer Series at PCRG. There was another great turnout, with four or five newbies attending. Its great, we seem to be getting that many each time. Not sure where they're all coming from though!

I completed the whole session (it was 1 minute efforts) holding back and running a steady pace. And I did a shorter warmdown, so it was about 6k all up. The legs aren't 100% yet, I'll give them another week or two before trying to do anything silly like running fast or up mountains.

The last pair of Adidas sunglasses were up for grabs. Unfortunately for me somebody else (one of the Jameseseses) managed to grab them. Not to worry, it was made up for by my getting the Group Award - a $50 Ship Inn voucher. Tonight's Brisbane Running Groups 3k Challenge just happens to start and finish at The Ship Inn. Wonder how long my voucher will last :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Matty said...

Woohoo!!! Drinks are on you, Mate!!!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I think by the time I was to get there, your $50 voucher would be no longer.

2:41 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Hmmm... Doesn't sound like you won the $50. All you won was the right to carry it from the Summer Series to the 3k Challenge :-)

Enjoy the kudos, even if you don't see much of the cash :-)

Gnome

3:27 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

if i run in your team can i have a drink? i voted for ya!! promise...even though i wasn't there.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

test Why cant I comment

10:17 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

OOh I can - I must have fixed it
:)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

If it's a voucher for drinks, not bloody long.

Can't wait to hear about the 3k, or are you still taking it easy?

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home