Thursday, March 01, 2007

New Kid In Town

I wasn't expecting any flash results at Pat's this morning. Yesterday's steady 21k took it out of me a bit so I didn't push it too much.

We had 2 x 1500m followed by 2 x 500m with 45 second standing recoveries. My times were 6:17, 6:22, 2:08 and 1:59. Even though my times were way off what they should be I was pretty content, especially being able to bring in home strong in that last 500m.

Joining us this morning was Carol, Steve's friend from Japan ... well, from the UK via Japan. I reckon she'll fit in with our mob quite nicely. Thanks for sending her over here Steve :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Peterhorse said...

Sensible session after the previous build up Tess. Wish i could say the same :-(
Great work inducting the newbie Carol - then i heard she does 3:2x something marathons!! another speedy gonzales in the crew.

I guess you'll be one of Pat's team leaders. let me know if oyu need a member, but i won't be offended if you refer me to another team also (since i'm a once a week person)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Billy Idol keeps turning up to training ;-)

Thanks for you comments.... duly noted and self reprimanded!

See you in Canberra!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I'm sure you will look after the "new kid in town". That reminds me you are about due for your song of the week, aren't you?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Way to go Tesso!

You got out there and ran - which is more than I can say, so good on ya!

Isn't it great to meet new people and then watch them improve and become one of the group. I just love it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tess, was Carol shocked when you gave her the traditional CR 'punch in the guts'?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

An excellent workout this morning Tesso and a brilliant 21 yesterday.
You must be feeling good about that.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Cool. Always good to see a new face running around.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

You did great! I'm always amazed at how you can train.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Hey Ewen, I'd be surprised and disappointed if Carol didn't give Tesso a punch in the guts first and say "here, that's from Steve; special delivery" ;-)

But actually, I think she is much too nice for that. Look after her guys. I am shedding a tear as I type this. Tokyo's loss is Brisbane's gain.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home