Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Old Switcheroonie

I had the day off yesterday (Friday) so instead of the usual easy run I decided to do my long run then and the easy one today. That way I should be able to at least get through the distance at the BRRC Half Marathon Champs tomorrow.

Had plans to hit the road by 5am, but it was 6.30am before I was out the door. I paid the price for that extra sleep, within an hour it was so hot out there :-( Headed out to New Farm Park, then South Bank, Orleigh Park, back through South Bank and home. By chucking in a couple of laps of NF Park and a complete lap of The Gardens it brought the total to 35k or so.

Not much to report, other than almost getting run over by a black Mercedes that came hurtling out of a driveway in Moray St.

It was a slow one, but that was the plan. Finished in 3h16m, or around 5:40 pace. Happy to get that one done as on more than one occasion (NF Park, Sydney St, Riverside, South Bank, Orleigh Park, South Bank again, North Quay) I was sooooo close to bailing and jumping on the Citycat home.


*****


Clairie was planning a shortish run this morn (12k or so) and after yesterday's effort that sounded perfect to me. We had quite a few starters, and most had the same thought as they were either recovering from 6ft Track or tapering for the Half tomorrow.

Ended up in a nice little pack with Clairie, Rent Boy and Tomas and did a cruisey 13k. It was just enough to work out all the stiffness from the legs.

Still not sure how I'll approach the Half tomorrow. It won't be flat out, or even close to it, that's a certainty. This is going to be my biggest week km wise in over 12 months so I'm not going to worry about championship points. There's a couple of people aiming to go sub 1:45, might just hang in with them.

9 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for tomorrow - hope you have a good one. Me - I'll probably still be in bed when you finish! I did run 16km this afternoon and i'm feeling really tired now - took more ou tofme than I thought it would.

9:06 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Bet you'll be weary by Monday morning! Taper's not too far away now :-)

Gnome

9:53 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Hang in there ... stay strong. Good luck in the half.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

If it was that hot, I'd be thinking about swimming home.

You'd go sub-1:45 talking all the way. Have fun. Just race the females at the end (for the championship points).

10:24 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

You must have a heap of k's for the year to date. I think you mentioned you ran a lot last week as well.

I'm guessing now, but you must be close to 700+ km.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I'm obsessed with stats, if you haven't noticed.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Best of luck with your half this weekend. Looking forward to the race report.

I know what you mean about over sleeping. I made the same mistake this morning and had to cut off my morning run after 11 miles when my HR went through the roof.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Nearly clean up by a black Merc Tesso. Nothing like going in style.

I hope the Half went well today.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Hope you ran well in the half today. Awaiting report?

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home