Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not Guilty

I ran the 5k from home to The Ship Inn for Pat's today. On the pgm was 2 x 4 mins hard, with 30sec standing recovery, then turn and run back 8 mins, or to the start (whichever came first).

Those competing at the Mooloolaba Tri or Twilight 5k this weekend were told to take things easier, and to stop after the first 4 mins to do 30/30s before running back. Clairie hung around them and took it upon herself to make sure that they didn't think 'easier' meant 'easy' :-)

I worked hard for the 4min reps and felt strong. A good sign is I was surrounded by the usual suspects, and I don't recall getting any further in distance for the same session. So the extended warmup did me no harm.

Coming back was tough. Just as I was thinking about slowing down Steve FS started doing his best Pat impersonations to fire our little pack up - it worked. There was no way I could hold back now. Celeste and I pushed eachother all the way to the end, it was faaaantastic!

To top off a great session our PCRG Support Team (Team Dedication) got voted by other teams for today's award. Then the members within our had to vote for one of our own and Mat got the gong. Good on ya Mat, you so deserve it!

I had planned to run home but afterwards I was so knackered I couldn't even be bothered walking so jumped on a Citycat. No guilt feelings today though :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Nice session by the sound of it Tesso - sounds like 18 minutes of torture. Great work mate.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Its nice to be able to reward yourself will a treat like Citycat ride home. Good on you Tesso.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yep, I wouldn't be feeling guilty with all the running you've done this week!

1:43 PM  
Blogger miners said...

I reckon the river cat would be MY weapon of choice after half the sessions you do up there Tess.

nice effort as always :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

No need to feel guilty. You can only put in 105% effort ;-). You did well.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Did you jog a few laps of the Cat for a warm-down?

Team "Full PATential" has the best name. I'd be in team "Carroll back over and sleep in".

9:00 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

You really have been sneaking up the K's and are putting it all together. you can be confident that you are ready of Canberra.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home