Thursday, March 29, 2007

Don't Pay The Ferryman

In between a 6.30am trip to the airport and a 11am visit to the accountant yesterday I had time to fit my planned 15k run. But I didn't. I was feeling tired and just a little niggly so gave myself a rest day.

To sort of compensate I ran the 5k to Pat's this morning. To start we had 2 x 1500s with a 45 second standing recovery. He said after we'd finished he'd tell us what to do next. My times -
6:01
6:10
Not sure what happened on that last one, it felt faster!

For those around my speed we had to follow that up with 2 x 500ms. So with just 45 seconds rest we were off. My times -
2:08
1:58
I knew the first was a shocker, those short recoveries are killers. But the second 500m made up for it.

Once again today it was mainly Sal I was working in with. Gnome asked re the previous session who was pushing who. I think its a common thing in the group that we all draw off eachother's strength. I know when I feel like I'm fading I try to hang on to whoever is near me, and I hope that when I'm strong and start moving faster that they try to hang on to me.

Although I had money on me for the Citycat I decided to run back home. No ferries went past me until I was about 500m from where I'd hop off. I put the foot down, I wanted to get to the top of the ramp up from the terminal before any departing passengers did just so I could say I got home quicker than if I caught the Citycat. I got home quicker than if I caught the Citycat :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

Thats a decent session all up - and certainly coupled with the rest day yesterday I think you are well on track for a great performance at Canberra.

I know you were hotting in that second 1500m when I saw you, so no doubt the seconds were accumulated at the start of the rep - it is always hard to get going fast after a short rest. But obviously you made up for it the way I saw you hooting!!!

Wow can't imagine what the TT will be like but I think it will be a great one for you!!!! SUB 12 WOO HOO sorry is that too much pressure? Maybe we can discuss over a nice hot chocolate this weekend ? :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

PS. I was hoping to see you over the Queen Vic bridge but nope you had ALREADY gone past!!!!!! Did you really have to run home so fast and put us car drivers and ferry catchers to shame?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Talk about a Type A Personality.

you should take this test:

http://www.blogthings.com/doyouhaveatypeapersonalityquiz/

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Congrats on the Citycat victory Tesso. That's up there with Caboolture.

I find it hard to get going after a short rest too - that's why I have a long one ;)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ferry good Tesso.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Oh, Eddie! That's a shocker. Made me smile but...

Nice session Tesso. Thanks for helping Carol settle in. She emailed me the other day to say how much help you have been. Watch her though, she is a fast little bugger and if she smells blood won't show you any mercy in a race ;-)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Yep, teamwork is a big thing...so is a citycat. Hope that council driver keeps one eye on the rowers as he takes on THE TESS each week. must read his blog and see his take on it.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Eagle said...

If you feel a bit tired in the taper do what you did have a rest. Having missed it - do as you did leave it and don't try and make it up. Nothing will be gained. The next days session was a good sharpener and meet the aim of the session.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home