Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Broderick Crawford Day

Today at PCRG it was a session in the Gardens where we had to run around a square, sprinting two sides and jogging the other two. For we folk doing Canberra Pat suggested we still participate but not go full bore.

Fellow marathoners Mat, Celeste, Kelly and I hung out together for the duration - hope we all have as much fun on Sunday as we did today. We tried desperately to feature in the photos Clairie was taking but must've been running too fast ;-) Maybe Thursday we can get a pic of 'The Awesome Foursome'.

This morning made me realise the importance of attending the PCRG during this final week of the taper, not so much for the running but more for the support and good luck wishes etc from the rest of the group. I came away feeling so confident about doing a good time .... and having a good time.


PS Gold star to the first person to guess the meaning of today's blog title :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I Googled Broderick Crawford and remember seeing him on occasion, but can't figure out why today is Broderick Crawford Day. He died 26 April 1986 so it not quite the aniversary of his death.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

10-4 Tesso!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

Hi Tesso, just catching up on blogs, have a great Canberra, hope you have a blinder. Remember it's all training for GH later in the year ;)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Message received and understood.

8:29 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I love that beer ad/song - its hilarious!

And I agree about Haigh's chocolate - it always makes me feel good! But I have a little pact with myself - no more chocolate until Sunday, after the marathon!

Aaaah - now I get JD's 10-4 comment!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

No I'm lost.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

ooh, tapering is fun!
and I'm really confused.....

9:40 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Good luck for Sunday, not that you need it. You've done all the work but tapering is such a pain.

No idea re - the Crawford thingie.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Rubby Duckie here Tesso.

Have absolutely no idea about the Broderick Crawford Day title.

Over.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mat said...

That was fun at Pat's wasn't it. You don't get to take it easy often, so when I comes around it is fun.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home