Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Race Pace Run ( ... well almost)

Well done JD, Robert Song and CJ who figured out the Broderick Crawford Day thing (see 'Tidbits').

Yesterday was 10/4 :-)


*****


For the Canberra 50k 5:10s will bring me home just under 4h20m, I think that's a reasonable goal. As tempted as I am to go for 5 min kms all the way I think it might be a bit ambitious.

This morning Clairie and I wanted to run 8k - a 2k warmup, 4k at my Canberra pace, and a 2k warmdown. However the splits were something like this -

2k - 5:27, 5:08
4k - 5:01, 4:56, 4:57, 5:02
2k - 4:59, 5:07

Rather than my bad pacing I'm blaming the weather, this cool change makes running so much easier. I could have sworn we were doing that last km at 5:30 pace or slower!

7 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

Almost race pace. Quite good pacing. Must have been that Clairie making you run faster.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I get it! The 10th of April. Those three are just so clever.

At least your warm-down pace is pretty quick Tess. You can warm-down for 8k after running a marathon ;)

You're in good shape (that 10k non-race was excellent). Not long to go!

4:42 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

What's the weather got to do with it? It's THE TAPER!!! (you know, the bit where you feel better because you aren't trashing yourself every day...) :-) :-)

You're going great.

Gnome

10:44 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

TESSO what a fantastic target for an ultra. I don't doubt that you can do it.

Great pacing. now back off and r - e - l - a - x you've worked so hard. eat, drink and be slovenly, it's also called the taper..

Good luck T.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Wishing you a strong race Tesso. Have a safe trip down and I will no doubt see you at some stage.

I'm thinking that you and I will finish around the same time at 4:20. Only diff is that your doing the 50km. LOL ;-)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Eagle said...

Yep I remember the 10-4 over and out dialogue. Like me its all done 'thank you linesman and thank you ball boys' - just sit back and hope that all that has been done is enough to meet our goals. Good luck and see you at the start. Expect the unexpetced at start. I will say no more - an unexpected surprise just might happen and it has nothing to do with me.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Your just too quick for yourself. Cool weather, a bit of taper, and months of very hard training maybe :-)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home