Monday, April 23, 2007

The Contest

On Friday I went back to PCRG and once again took it easy, though this time skipped the 5 minute rest mid session. Like Thursday getting the legs moving seemed to help.

Only five of us turned up for the usual Saturday run, and all of us had done Canberra the weekend before. No prizes for guessing what 99% of the conversation was about :-) Did about 11k but it didn't feel quite as easy as the previous day.

Most of the rest of the weekend I spent volunteering at the Brisbane Marathon Festival. My role compared to others such as Clairie was minor, not sure how she does it. It totally wiped me out, I was way more knackered than after running Canberra the previous weekend. Last night I didn't even have the energy to hit the button on the remote control so had to watch Big Brother.

Today is Day 1 of a healthy eating challenge thing we are having in our little section here at work - no chocolcate, lollies, cakes, biscuits, greasy food, softdrinks, potato chips. Basically no junk ... during working hours. Not as easy as it sounds when you do 12 hour shifts, that's a loooong time to go without chocolate. We all threw in $5 and whoever survives the longest gets the cash. Doubt if I'll win, but at least I won't come last. One of the guys had a Big Mac for morning tea.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Good luck with the comp! Not that I would expect you to be particularly compettitive about it ;-)

3:33 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Hmmm - I was fancying my chances till you said potato chips.... bugger.

Good luck with it Tess.

6:12 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

12 hours without chocolate, lollies (even Fantales?), cakes, biscuits.....omg, how does one get through a work day?! With coffee I guess!
No, I didn't see Josh Pyke on TV - but love his music.
And yeah, I agree....one of my enduring memories of Noosa is of Aromas!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

I bet the one who ate the Big Mac has all the fun! Was his name Kramer?

8:37 PM  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Geez Tesso. You'll fade away to a shadow if you don't get some junk food into you! :-)

Gnome

10:16 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

If there's one thing better than doing a marathon (or ultra) I think it'd be the post-mortem the days and weeks following.

Please tell me you're not a Big Brother fan.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

At least you wouldn't have used any brain cells watching BB... good luck with the no junk challenge - I'd totally suck at it.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The unfortunate thing about big brother is that although it takes no brain cells to watch, it kills them as they rest!

Sweet fruit is the key to getting past those cravings....... GOOD LUCK!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You could take in a Thermos of hot chocolate :)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home