Tuesday, May 01, 2007

PCRG - 3k TT

With the physio instructing me to avoid speed work for two weeks I headed off to the monthly TT planning to help out if Pat needed me to, otherwise just to run around 5 minute pace.

There were plenty of volunteers to marshall so just before we took off on the 3k I checked around to see if anyone was after company for 15 minutes. Kerryn said she was. That was it, the poor girl got stuck with me nagging her all the way :-)

We got to the turnaround in 7:28 but the second 1500m took its toll. Still, Kerryn kicked it in the guts with a few hundred metres to go and we finished in 15:13, a massive 16 second PB for her! Anna was hot on our tails and also threw in a very fast finish to cross the line with us.

There were some great results. My usual playmates came in between 12:10 and 12:20, except for Emil who ran 11:35. I was only just seconds behind him in the 1k reps last week, obviously he was bludging ;-) Workmate Tom put in a huge effort in his first TT - goal was sub 13, he did 12:24!

Tesso, Tom, Clairie

8 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

I just love the photos on your blog but you are not in this one! Oh no!

Never mind, all Queensland runners look great.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tesso said...

Must have an evil twin ;-)

7:50 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Your twin's feet are much closer to the ground than yours get.

It is you!

Sorry! Never seen you jogging until now.

Not even in the 50k.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

If you weren't such a good person I could have said that, that is a photo of "Tom , Dick and Clairie"

But of course you are and I won't.

9:17 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice strategy - the nag approach to coaxing PB's...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

oh yeah, the Tesso nag...as a recipient, i have to say it's the most pleasant nag one could ever get. C'mon, put some Leyton into it Tess! ;-)

6:58 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Awwwwgh Man!

Tess, more injuries!
What can i say?

keep smiling?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

The skirt looks good :) Tom has me seeing green.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home