Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Its Like Riding A Bike

Tuesday at PCRG was 1kms and 500s. Still wary of recovering properly from Canberra I opted to do a steady run with a smaller group. We were back just before the main lot did their final 1k rep so Mat and I joined it that. It sort of felt good to put the foot on the gas again.

*****

Being a public holiday today we took the opportunity for a slightly different mid-weeker and so met at St Lucia Golf Club for a run out to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and back. The place was named after the real Lone Pine, so a fitting destination. I took the shortcut back which made it a very pleasant though hilly 14k.

*****

This arvo I took the deadly treadly out for a spin, first time since about 2002 I reckon. I'd lent it to Lizzle for a couple of years and she returned it recently looking like it was straight from the shop - clean, serviced, new tyres etc.

A scary 10k. Scary for anyone who was within metres of me, especially if a corner was involved. I thought I'd forget how to change gears. I didn't forget how to change them, but I did forget when and why and still haven't really figured it out.

Might have to take some lessons I think. Or find somebody else who wants to borrow it for a while.

8 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Lol Ellie is a bit of an expert I hear... or then there is Sparkie ;-)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

I didn't know that was the origin of the name "Lone Pine," interesting.

The bike might be just the thing for a reverse taper, stick with it for a while.

8:50 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

sounds like you ride as well as i do!
much harder to fall of an exercise bike ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Tesso I needed that laugh! Cheers. :-)

8:59 AM  
Blogger miners said...

LOL - I thought that was just going to be a clever post-title! I would never have guessed it was going to lead in to a cycling post! Great to see Tess. Hope you have one of those fluro flags to hang off the back seat :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger plu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:03 PM  
Blogger plu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:03 PM  
Blogger plu said...

HI Tesso,

It is always good to do something good for Anzac Day. I can remember where I was for many of my 25th April but no such luck for Xmas or new year.

My Nan and I had an exchange when I rode the bike with no hands. "Look Nan no hands" .... "Look martin no teeth"

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home