Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The King And I

On Monday arvo the physio gave me the go-ahead to resume normal training ... except for one thing, my 'long' runs are still capped at 15k until I see him again (end of next week). Oh well, at least the improvement is continuing and the hammies are getting stronger. In fact I reckon if it wasn't for all the strengthening stuff I've been doing over the past five weeks I doubt if I would have gotten through the Warwick weekend in one piece. So I am determined to continue it and make it part of my daily routine. Just wish it all didn't take so long!


*****


Tuesday morning at PCRG was 6 x 500m reps, 1 x 2 min effort, and 2 x Gold Coast Hill. With recovery from Warwick in mind I ran conservatively with the rep times ranging from 2:03 to 2:13, and rather than 45 sec standing recs I cut them down to 20 to 30 secs.


*****


It was the usual Wednesday Regatta run this morning. I started out with Andrew, Brett and Geoff and we took it easy on the first couple of kms. Then we picked up the pace ... and at Hale St we picked up Rent Boy too :-)

Andrew and Brett were too good for me today, I was running 4:45s but they just surged ahead. Both are looking good for huge runs at the GC Half. They turned back at the end of The Gardens and I continued on to do a cut down Storey Bridge loop sticking around 4:45s to 4:50s. For the final km I allowed myself to slow down a little.

15k all up.


*****


Its kickoff time.

A special pic for this special night ...

Queenslander!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Go the Blues!!

Are you coming down for PMC still?

R2B

8:49 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Great to see you made it through all the Warwick events.

I saw your post on all you hammie exercises and I know what you mean. By the time I've done all my physio exercises, stretching pilates etc I could take up half the day! I've been a bit lazy with it all recently so you've inspired me to get back into it before something else breaks!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

24-18 at the moment. Sorry Tesso.

Good idea to keep the strength stuff going. You could do half of them one day and half the next.

The king doesn't look to have put on much weight - although neither do you ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Who's that??

*kidding*

Great to hear the good news from the physio. You'll be back to running loooooooonnnggg very soon!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Seriously, who's that?

Just kidding. Though I think he's more popular up your neck of the woods than he is down south. If it's who I think it is.

It amazes me how you can do interval/speed sessions first thing in the morning.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Actually, I *really* don't know who Connie is. No kidding!

Ewen beat me to the punch in noticing how fit the old Wally looks. Jeez it was a happy day for us cockies when he retired. Not that it has done us much good. :-(

1:26 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Boo !

5:31 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

PS. Well done QLD.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

PPS. Wally get well soon mate. :(

5:32 PM  
Blogger TD said...

My God, Tesso, that's you right next to the King and you are touching him too! I actually met Wally once before he became famous when he was a Year 12 student at Brisbane State High.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I love you Tesso but the right side of wally is reserved for the "The Little General", "Alf" or "Alfie."

What's Allen langer doing these days?

10:55 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Showed that pic at work here and somebody said 'who's that'...right there next to Tesso?'
oops..been done five times on this post already ;-)...well, you are famous.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Cool!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

on closer examiniation i can see what is going on in that photo ..... you have his underpants in your hand and giving wally a wedgie! you can see it in the expression on his face

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home