Wednesday, May 30, 2007

PCRG - 3k TT

My 3k TTs of late have been like a game of Snakes and Ladders and this month I went along knowing I'd land on a snake. After running 12:16 two months ago I figured with my lack of speed work since I was in about 12:30 shape.

I hit the 1k mark in about 4:02, a bit too fast. And it showed in the next km (4:16). At the 2k mark I knew I had to really hit the straps. Thankfully Clairie was marshalling just past that spot and gave me just the encouragement I needed. I crossed the line in 12:28.

Pretty happy with that. Isn't it amazing how you get to know what you are capable of on any given day.

Oh, and not much hammy pain.

Big congrats to my regular Wednesday and Saturday running buddies Toasty, Andrew and (little) Tara on achieving PBs - great stuff. Though now Andrew is now within a smidgen my PB. Bugger! I've gotta stop telling him he's soft ;-)


*****


Met up with Wednesday regulars Brett and Andrew at The Regatta this morn. It was a pleasant surprise it was to have PCRG-er Sal join us.

We rolled along at a cruisey pace for the first 2ks and then kicked it in the guts all the way to the end of The Gardens, running around 4:35s. The three of them then turned for home as I continued on ... and slowed it down to probably just under 5s.

There were heaps of PCRG-ers out there, including Celeste who was doing reps of Gold Coast Hill as punishment for sleeping through the alarm and missing the TT yesterday :)

All up 15k in just under 1hr 12 mins. Hammy was feeling a bit tight towards the end but not enough to make me want to stop running.

16 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

where is Gold Coast Hill??

1:54 PM  
Blogger plu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:10 PM  
Blogger plu said...

good to see you are back into it.

Plu

2:11 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

saw you on top of the gold coast hill .... we walked it .... then took the long loop past the storey bridge hotel ..... couldn't catch you, so you must have done well ... considering the injury set back i think you will back to full speed soon and are well on the way with those times

2:30 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Good to get close to the time from 2 months ago. The 1200's were not too bad actually.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

You were certainly looking zippy on the way back to the finish in the TT Tesso.

Good to see you are doing some running for both of us. I slept in this morning - on purpose - and loved it but now hearing about your good run I am jealous!

Might have to do a bit of a jog tonight....nahhhh

4:13 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

That's pointing to a good C2S Tesso, just like the blues are pointing to a good game two.

Toasty's on fire!

4:32 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

It seems like everyone is running TTs at the moment....except me ;-) Good work on your result btw.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Another good TT Tesso, well done!

If you can be running injury free soon you might be a chance for a 3KTT PB before the end of the winter.

What do you reckon?

Had to delete the last comment I spilt some wine on it.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I'm undecide about Doomben Half as well. Leaning towards doing my own thing at this point.

8:31 AM  
Blogger miners said...

sounds like you're more than ready for one of your no-watch runs then!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

what's with these hammie butt things? they are there but don't seem to slow us down? go hammie sister!,
signed hammie brother

4:59 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Good 3KTT there Tesso. Setback! What setback? You sure know how handle adversity.

7:46 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

See you at the start ... and maybe on the road as well! A fast time? C'mon, we can do it.

8:10 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

15km in 72?
oh youre cruising now!
what injury? ;)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home