Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PCRG Gold Coast Rehearsal

On Saturday morn I just wanted a shortish run. After setting off with the entire gang on the green bridge loop once we hit Highgate Hill I took the 'soft option' and ran straight back to South Bank with Andrew and Brett. All up 12.5k or thereabouts.

*****

Headed down to Runaway Bay later in the arvo for the PCRG GC Rehearsal weekend. It was great, and so relaxing just hanging out and chatting over drinkies and dinner.

Sunday morning we all set out at 6am and ran on the course to the marathon turnaround point and then back south. For this section Andrew and I stuck together and were constantly pushing out 4:50kms, though it didn't feel that 'fast'. He turned back at Southport and I ran most of the stretch down to Surfers and back with Fi, the pace dropped back to around 5:30s I think. I did the last few kms on my own as I needed to speed up a little in order to minimise the hammy/glute pain.

At around 27k all up that's my longest run since Canberra, the legs sure knew about it though :-( Makes me wonder how I'm going to do another 15k on top of that in a few weeks time.

*****

Stayed overnight at Mermaid Beach Sunday night and Monday morning though it would be good to do the remaining 15k so it was down to the Miami turnaround and up to Surfers and back.

Talk about absolutely perfect running conditions at the coast both days, you honestly couldn't ask for anything better. If its like that on marathon day I'll almost be happy that I'll be out there for a long time :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

what a big turnaround in weather conditions .... great to share the dress rehearsal with you, it was just perfect

1:41 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Looking good Tess. Nice one. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I was wondering where you got to on Sunday, sounds like an awesome weekend probably a little bit better than running around West End :-)

Re your Q? Will try for something close to 90, I dont think I have enough training to aim for sub 90 this time around.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Gee, if I'd known I could have come down and practised my cheering!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

It's good to read about your long runs again Tesso. All's well again.

7:20 PM  
Blogger blues buffett said...

Great running, super distances. You'll need it to keep up with those druggie Models in the GCM.
Like some Brady quiz questions...?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now I'm jealous - a rehersal! What I would have given for an extra weekend on the GC. Oh well, I'm lucky that I'm arriving on the Friday night, not the Saturday!

Maybe I'll see you there!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck Connie. May the best singer win.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

You saying this "Makes me wonder how I'm going to do another 15k on top of that in a few weeks time" Has me thinking that you are set to peak at th GCM.

You know if I could at all take anymore time off work I'd be there in a wink. That weekend is something else and I'd love to meet a few of you face to face.

Anyway soon. Enjoy the proceedings!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I hope you are speaking with the weather gods this year Tesso. I'd like a repeat of last year's weather - don't think I'll ever forget walking up to Surfers at 8pm in a singlet & feeling warm!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home