Tuesday, June 19, 2007

PCRG - 3k TT

Went out for a 10k no-watch run late Sunday morning, so late that by the time I got home it was afternoon. Anyway, after a pretty painful 32k the previous day this run was close to pain free. That's what happens when I don't have a rest day :-)

Bumped into Pat and Sue who were enjoying a lovely winter's day at South Bank.

*****

It wasn't cold but it sure was windy for this morning's 3k TT. I was hoping to go under 12:25 but that goal was out the window when, after battling a shocking headwind, I hit halfway in 6:26. The run back certainly felt easier, I did it in 6:15. So not a good total time (12:41) but I wasn't too disappointed when I found out most people were 10 to 20 seconds off what they hoped for. And its not often I do a negative split.

There was no hammy pain. Well, not while running. I have it now sitting here.

Conditions and times aside it was such a great morning as we were getting filmed for Pat's latest DVD and that's always a laugh. Needless to say there were quite a few shenanigans that Clairie and I thought were funny at the time that could prove to be embarrassing later. At least we weren't the only ones in the congo line :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger IHateToast said...

you and clairie... so so ...

so so very sad.

9:42 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

ohhhhh a new dvd.
u mean the thing on the website?
so what are your plans for gcoast?

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

A DVD! Can I get a copy when I'm up for GC?

Tell Robert Song I have a spare pair of gloves he can borrow for winter.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Ha Ha Ha the more I think about it the more I realise how embarressed we are going to be when we see the DVD. *groan*
It was hilarious at the time but I have since decided that we are going to look like complete fools that never take running seriously...I mean no-one is ever going to join up to Pat's now that they think it is not all about hard core running, that we actually have fun.

Unfortunately you and I have fun at our own expense and to the delightful entertainment of Pat and the rest of his group :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Ha Ha Ha the more I think about it the more I realise how embarressed we are going to be when we see the DVD. *groan*
It was hilarious at the time but I have since decided that we are going to look like complete fools that never take running seriously...I mean no-one is ever going to join up to Pat's now that they think it is not all about hard core running, that we actually have fun.

Unfortunately you and I have fun at our own expense and to the delightful entertainment of Pat and the rest of his group :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I'll have to get hold of a copy of the DVD just to see what you two get up to. Clairie liked it so much she's commented twice, so it must be good :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear that your hammy is still troubling you - better keep running then ;-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

They better be boxing gloves Ewen!

Lets hope the wind drops and the cold weather stays for GC.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

20 second slower .... me too! ...... negative split .... me too! ..... congo line ..... yes, me too.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

good thing i missed the TT by the sounds. can't push up, can't congo. can laugh at you lot though :-)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD. :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

The Congo isn't that bad. As long as you draw the line before the HOKEY POKEY.

That's what it's all about.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home