Monday, October 01, 2007

One Week To Go

The second week of the taper went like this ...

Monday - Easyish 14k or so (1hr 15min)

Tuesday - 12k in total including efforts - 2 lots of '4 mins, 3 mins, 2 mins, 1 min' though I made the final 1 minute a 2 minute effort (cos that's what Pat would make us do). Finished off with 2 Lilyfield Rd reps.

Wednesday - 12k with JD, Ray and Karin. Pace felt easier than the 5:20s we were doing.

Thursday - 15 minutes of 30/30s. 10k incl warmup and warmdown.

Friday - Rest.

Saturday - CR 5k Challenge. I thought about pushing it on this one but decided on the morning just to aim for 22:30. Ended up with 22:28. It was sooooo windy, I doubt if I could have done much faster anyway. 10k all up.

Sunday - Rest.

Weekly total - 58k. The legs are starting to feel better with the reduced mileage.

I still haven't come up with a definite goal for the marathon. I'm thinking something in the 3:30s is doable. But which end of the 3:30s is the question.

13 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

New faster course. 3:25 for you this time.Good luck.

11:26 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

You are in great shape Tesso so bottom end of the 3.30's!!

Have a great day tomorrow and remember cake is carbs - I'm guessing you are not doing a depletion diet so it will be good for you ;-)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Toasty said...

Great tapering, glad it is all going so well.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

superflake beat me to it ... I was going to say the 2:28 end of the 2:30s

Looks like you are tapering sensibly as well, which should help you out on the day.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

58k! I've know people who run further than that in one race ;)

2:30s Steve! Have you been drinking craft beer again?

I predict a 3:31:30 gun time and a 3:29:59 chip time.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

3:28 ...sorry!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

With the wonderful training you have done and a rest this week I will be surprised if you take longer than 3:30.

You could try for 2:04:25.

6:49 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Sunday weather is looking good: "Mostly cloudy, minimum 10, max 19". So long as there's no breeze that should be perfect...

11:17 PM  
Blogger trailblazer777 said...

All the best in Melbourne.

I'm hoping for a PB in my interstate running debut race.
Couldn't resist the opportunity to run onto the MCG!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Kelley Flood said...

Best of luck for the marathon Tess you are my hero

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Best of luck with the marathon. I'm predicting 3:29 :-)

BTW I saw Clairie on the weekend & she is looking fantastic!

9:39 PM  
Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like you've been running all over Sydney lately. Hope you have a great time in Melbourne and run well.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I guess you have a few times in mind and as usual you won't complain because you usually enjoy your marathons, whatever the time.

But with such a good build up I reckon you can go where you haven't before and I dare not say the time for fear of jinxing it.

Hope everything comes together Tesso.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home