Monday, September 17, 2007

Number 96

Managed to get through another week in one piece .....

Monday - Rest.

Tuesday - Efforts around the bay. 6mins, 4mins, 2mins, 6mins, 3mins, 3mins, 3.5mins, with 45 sec jog rec in between. 15k including warmup and warmdown.

Wednesday - The guys weren't running so it was just Karin and I for the usual LKL which was nice, we could go a tad slower and talk girl talk all the way :-) 15k av 5:36 pace.

Thursday - Not sure why but I seem to be tired Thursday mornings. I've been going to African drumming classes on Wednesday nights, it doesn't feel that strenuous but maybe it wears me out! Wasn't up for any sort of speed session so instead just ran 11k easy.

Friday - 14k (two laps of the bay) including a solid 5k in the middle. Was aiming for 4:30s for that 5k but averaged 4:35s - close.

Saturday - I'd been feeling just slightly off colour since the day before so wasn't looking forward to the long run. I was ready to bail after about an hour, even running slower didn't seem to help. I had JD for company, he was doing 21k or so. So stuck with him for that and pushed on for another 5k to make it just over 26k averaging 4:59s.

Sunday - Planned to do about an hour recovery run, a lap of the bay and then a little more. But it was such a beautiful morning I ended up doing two laps and then a little more - just over 15k.


I was a bit disappointed with Saturday's run, I was hoping to do 30-35k. Oh well, still a decent week mileage wise - 96k.

Melbourne Marathon is just three weeks away now. And that means its TAPER TIME!!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Dorrie - Saturday sounds like 'just one of those days' or maybe you put too much starch in your laces when you ironed them :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

African drumming lessons sounds great.

What sort of drum? I would go for a tama (talking drum) myself.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Jeezus, you do your long runs at your marathon pace? I bow down in respect! Well, I suppose that race is not so far away now, so pretty much appropriate I guess.

So when are you going to go to Africa to get your instrument? There are great numbers of "African" drummers hanging out in Yoyogi Park where we do our long runs on Sundays. I mean African as in Japanese African.

8:40 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

96kms only decent?
i think all that drumming is jiggling your neurones!
enjoy the taper tesso - cu in melbourne.

9:39 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Have you been watching Dr Who? "The drums, the drums"!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um, Tesso, that week is almost the same k's that I do in 2 weeks!

Maybe you needed to be thinking of the Africian beat for your feet on Saturday. I always find the beat sets my pace (making music selection very important!).

Yep, I'm so looking forward to the taper!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You make Stephen Lacey look like a plodder in your long runs ;)

Hey, I might be able to run with you on Wednesdays, but there'd be no girl talk.

Number 97 for me last week. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

3:20 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

Now that Kelley's become a speedy goose, are you going to follow suit? Surely you can't rejoin the pcrg's after that massive farewell party they gave you? Take the hint! Fly South!

4:02 PM  
Blogger mike said...

So taper means only 80-90ks?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hah! 96! made me think of Abigail.
That's sad.

Your doing well Tesso. I hate to say it, but Sydney seems to be doing you a lot of good.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Clairie said...

Tess Taper?? Never!

Great to hear you are still on your feet and running all around Sydney with those cockroach friends. We had a hot day here on Monday - 32deg at my house. Man it reminded me of Kurrawa training!!! I wasn't even running.....

Anyhow back to nice September weather and 25deg days. The sun is shining and it is all good. I just need my friend to come home so I have someone to have those hot chocolates with!

Can't wait to see how Melbourne goes for you, I wish I was able to be there to watch you.

BRRC on this weekend - 25 years celebration and then next weekend it is Coomera Half IRonman. Rosie is coming down to do it so hopefully I will be in one piece and able to watch it as well.

96km is a great week Tesso and it is no wonder you are tired towards the end of it. Do you have to stand to do the bongo drums or are you sitting to drum away now?
I am just so happy for you that 96km is a good week and you seem to be running them consistently without any injury - more than anything that is a great sign.

Hope you are eating well and resting well and doing lots of gym and stretches to keep your strength up. Gonna need those arm muscles too so you can lift Baby Bellenger up and down :)

I just realised...I should have written an email. xxxxxx

8:53 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

i did write a comment but Clairie's ran over the top of it and it is no longer visible

4:11 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Tesso

Did your parents let you watch "Number 96"? Let's just hope you can get to Melbourne and avoid the "Panty Hose Stranger."

12:34 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Here's a link if you want to reminsce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChTCkmysyY

12:40 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

tess - to answer your cootha question it was on different trails: followed some (most) of the mt coot-tha all trails course.
next time youre back here we'll head out there for an 'easy trot' hey :)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home