Monday, August 20, 2007

Post C2S Post

Since C2S .....

Mon - East recovery run, about 9k. Ventured out to Fitness First at North Strathfield. Ok, but nowhere near as nice as my local at Toowong.

Tue - 8 x Lillyfield Rd hill reps. Got faster on each one. First seven 3:17 to 3:04, then hammered the downhill on the 8th to do 2:53. 13k all up.

Wed - 1h40m (18k or so). Got a funny knee pain all of a sudden during the run, not sure what it was. Seemed to disappear almost as quickly as it came on.

Thu - If I tapped my kneecap I could feel a little pain :-( Wierd. Rather than risk anything by running I did 90min gym sess at FF in Park St in the city. This FF was more like what I was used to, though the girl at reception wanted to hit me for $15 for a card so I could put my gear in a locker! When I said "forget it" she mentioned I could use some others that were basically free (put in $2 but you get it back when you get your gear out).

Fri - Knee felt okay so did 90 min run at lunchtime around the bay and surrounds. Holy hell it was windy, I was almost hoping my knee would give me trouble so I'd have an excuse to bail!

Sat - Met up with CR Blues Buffett (as in Jimmy Buffett) at Woolies at Kings Langley. We ran on the track beside the M7 and soon hooked up with Ian (CR nite-time-runner) and his boy Lachy (on his bike). Not sure where we were but it was a great run! They took me over part of the Cities Marathon course. The time flew. We were planning just 90 minutes but by the time we got back to the cars it was 1h 55m. It was a bit of a hike from Annandale but sure worth the effort. Can't wait to do it again!

Sun - I was planning a long run but didn't want to go in the rain (very wussy) so instead hit the gym (Park St again) for 90 mins.


*****


A few happy snaps from C2S ....

Superflake, Tesso & Duffman at the startline


Passing the cheersquad (just before the 13k mark)


Approaching the finish line


Post race celebrations


And speaking of C2S, my teammate Andrew and I came second in the Interstate and/or Overseas Mixed Team division - woohoo!

13 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Unbelieveable! mine is the first comment on Tesso's blog.

Tesso you were literally flying the finish line. You are not even touching the ground.

9:33 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

and i'm second!
well done on the second place in the teams.
hope the knee niggle stays away.
dont miss work too soon!
hey how did duffman do at c2s??

10:02 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Nice photo of the super heroes at C2S. Some good training in the last week. Hope you pushed JD hard I assume up the hills?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Gronk said...

Love that pic of you in full flight in the finish shute.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mat said...

Hope that knee thing doesn't continue to give you grief.

Its the Sydney climate that's doing it. You need to seek out warmer climates :-).

Nice pic's of C2S to :-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

I could have been first.... cause there were no comments when I first read it. OK, next time.

Is that short fellow taller than you?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Looks like you're about to get a slap in the face from the cheersquad!

I like the finish sprint. An impressive distance off the ground in that one.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yep, it's an awesome photo flying towards the finish.
How cheeky to try and get you to pay $15 for a locker! Isn't FF already a rip off without cheeky buggers like that. That would make me MAD!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

air running huh? it's like pool running without any resistance at all - might have to try that. those hills sound long! congrats on the podium. all missing you at PCRG.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Hope the knee is okay. Looks like you had some fun at C2S.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ally-Lou said...

Hi Tesso - I've gone all high tech and got myself a computer finally! I'm missing PCRG badly, and don't know when I'll be back really. Got some realignment work to do with the lovely Peter Stanton first. Hope to see you soon but in the meantime, hope you are having a fab time in Sydney. I've got a new email address and will send it through bcos I may be down Sydney way in a few weeks.

And well done at the C2S.

Ally

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice photos - how do you always look so happy?

Hmmmm, air running is probably better for the knees - look after it, I'm relying on you to get me through Melbourne (speaking of which, you'll have to let me know of your planned time in the next few weeks to see if we'll be running about the same pace).

1:15 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

nice photos.

you seem so close, yet...

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home