Monday, September 10, 2007

Apec Action & Anna

Monday - Rest.

Tuesday - Lap of the bay (7k) doing fartlek. 14k all up incl run there and back.

Wednesday - LKL with JD and Eagle - good steady pace, a bit over 5mins I'd guess. 14k or so.

Thursday - Too tired for speed session. Too tired to run really. But I wanted to see something Apec-ish so ran and ran and ran until finally, 56 minutes later, I saw a fence and security dudes around the Convention Centre. 14k.

Friday - 15k with JD including 2 laps of the bay. Av pace around 5:20s.
After struggling through my run on Thurs to see a little bit of Apec Fri arvo I stood on my balcony to see suits, news cameras, loads of cops on bikes etc right outside. No snipers though. The PM of Thailand was popping in to see my next door neighbours (Buddist monks).

Saturday - Long run. Ran to bay and did three laps including one 9k version. Spotted Action & buddy, both sporting 6ft Track shirts, flying in the other direction. Lots of other runners out, but didn't know any of them. Headed back to Annandale and went up and down and all around the local streets until I'd clocked up 3h20m. Not exactly sure how far but by the pace I was going around the bay where I could time my kms I'd say it was at least 35k.

Sunday - SMC races at Smithfield. I'd originally planned to run the half but thought it wise to drop down to the 10k after Saturday's effort. Hooked up with Blues Buffett early in the piece. He was after a sub 50 and that sounded good to me, so we cruised the course chatting for 49 minutes and 37 seconds. It sure was fun out there, so glad I didn't choose to plod around the 21k. To top off a great morning out I won a random prize of a pair of Nike shoes. That's the second pair I've won this year after picking up the major random prize at Warwick in May. Happy for me? ;-)

So another big week with around 102k . Feeling good, a bit niggly but nothing serious. Think that might be due to more running on concrete than I usually do.

One more long run next weekend and then its taper time - yeeha!

Heard on the news a little while ago that Peter Beattie is resigning on Thursday and fellow PCRG-er Anna Bligh is a dead set cert to take over. How exciting!!!! With a runner at the helm, and a female one at that, Queensland couldn't be in better hands :-)

16 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

One more long run and then taper. Are you having a three week tapering period? I'd go nuts, I've promised myself a two week tapering period.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

You guys have come a long way from Joh Bjelke-Petersen that's for sure ;)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Go-anna!

With the amount of ks you're running lately you could always do with new shoes.

Connie is singing very quietly this week ;)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Superflake said...

Great to see you again Tesso. Looking relaxed cruising with Blues Buffett. Sorry I couldn't hang out with the prize winner as I was off to Putney for the other race.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Sydney life seems to be agreeing with you. Not thinking of renouncing your Queensland citizenship are you?

I loved the line from Beattie's wife saying the best thing about the job was meeting so many Queenslanders. I could just see the crowd all go into Billy Moore mode. I also wondered what her answer might be to what the worst thing about the job is...meeting so many...

Nice week, topping the 100 km mark. I am probably a bit behind the times, but does this mean you are running Melbourne?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

you're racking up more 100's than the Don (Bradman that is).

wonder if we'll get security guards on the PCRG sessions now?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Lots of other runners out, but didn't know any of them."

Does this mean you don't know everyone (well, except the guy who draws the random draw prizes!).

Nice K's Tesso, and more importantly you're enjoying them! Don't forget to let us know what your Melbourne plan is.....

Oh, and the change of leadership will be good - as long as the hat is passed along too!

4:32 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Another ton in a week wooohoooo that is big Tesso - I think Sydney agrees with you ;-)

Speaking of tons - the lindt chocolate is full of calories - better fatten you up for Melbourne.

4:46 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

i can see it now ... tax deductions on running shoes and physios!!
and maybe some more loos along the coro drive bike path?
enjoy the taper.
cu in melbourne!

6:35 PM  
Blogger undercover brother said...

ps you probably didnt see her on the news this morning down there...
they were filming her at pcrg running along the bridge and at the ship inn.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Good to see you clocking up the kms. You are building very nicely for Melbourne.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Nice week.

Hope it hasn't been too cold for you down south ;-)

I'm only planning for a one week taper myself.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Spud said...

It's great to see the consistent block of training you've put in over the past weeks, great training for Melbourne.
You know you could run ultras off that kinda mileage Tesso :P

8:19 AM  
Blogger TD said...

Sorry I haven't visited for a while Tess; had a few tumble turns to deal with lately. But I had heard on the grapevine about your move south. As the others have noted, it certainly seems to be going well and my best wishes to you.

7:08 PM  
Blogger IHateToast said...

miss your mug!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sorry to have missed you in Sydney. I think you will have returned up north by the time I get back from Europe.

It's exciting about Anna. I saw her on the news with the PCRG cap on and the crew all around.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home