Tuesday, February 14, 2006

There's A Tear In My Beer

Tuesday: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 187k
Year Total: 563k


I talked to super duper ultra runner CR Fat Bloke at BRRC on Sunday about recovering properly from ultras. I took his advice (nothing too hard for a few weeks, just 'social' jogs) and went for an easy run rather than join Pat's. And I thought it was a good opportunity to listen to some of the stuff I didn't get around to playing at Caboolture, including songs about drinking.

Setting out from work at around 5.30am the plan was to run Edward St to the Gardens then out to New Farm Park and back via The Valley. Not that I felt guilty for missing the session but it didn't feel right to be out there but not at Pat's so I figured that way I wouldn't see them, but I did pass both Barry and Justin as they were running to join the group.

Took it easy all the way to New Farm Park, ran a lap of it and then headed up Brunswick St. I increased the pace all the way up the hill there though as there were Boot Campers out training - a couple of them were running behind me carrying a metal pipe and others were in front carrying weights. I HAD to pass them! Once I did I kept the momentum going all the to Dooleys, where the vomit smell knocked me for six.

Aside from that it was quite a pleasant run.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Tess, its hard to be sensible sometimes! Glad you blew away the boot campers :-)

10:09 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Boot campers always amuse me.

you realise your social jogs are about my race pace ;-)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Cirque said...

Tess, what was the verdict on the songs you chose for Caboolture? How did the 'request' section go?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

My idea of recovery was lazing about at Kingfisher Bay Resort, and a casual stroll out to Lake McKenzie. Aaaahhh. Good to see you're smiling!

6:59 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Taking it easy means to take it easy!
You don't want to get hurt or take longer to properly recover now do you?
(thats my rant for today)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I seen the Boot Campers out when when we holidayed at Miami. I hope the vomit smell wasn't from them.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home