Tuesday, January 31, 2006

STaR Trek

Sunday: 31k
Week Total: 80k
Month Total: 366k
Year Total: 366k

On Sunday morning I joined in with the STaR called the 'Airport Adventure'. Heading off with a fairly big 6am group but soon settled in with a smaller pack, which got progressively smaller. Probably not much after halfway it was just JD, Horrie and I.

Until this point the run had been very scenic going through some lovely waterside suburbs including the famous Sylvania Waters. I'd been warned there were hills to come, and I guess that's when Sylvania Waters ended and Sylvania Heights started. JD was flying up the hills, leaving Horrie and I for dead. But then on the downhills it was Horrie who was flying. Me, I just plodded along :-)

Anyway, we finally conquered the last big hill on the map. But then we took a wrong turn and not only added a little extra mileage, but it also added one more big hill!

We drank on the run it and wasn't until about the 21k or 22k mark we had a decent water stop. The last few kms of the journey were a bit of a stuggle so it was good to see the mass of green and white gathered at the finish.

Total run time was 2h52m, average 5:31 per km. So a little slower than my previous long runs but without all the stops for water the overall time was actually quicker, and that made the run a little more difficult. In our Brissie runs even though most of us carry water we tend to stop and drink every few kms. Not any more!

10 Comments:

Blogger R2B said...

Good luck for Caboolture Tesso.
Ps why are you in Sydney?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Good to see you had a day off trying to gun down JD.

Hope you are not looking for a soft target to aim for in your Brissie races or I could end up in your sights;-)

Come to think about it, with Clairie running so well you'll have your work cut out keeping in front of her.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Hills are difficult but I always find that it makes the run interesting.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Sounds like a nice run. Did Noeline come out and offer you some Kool Aid?

By the way, it should be "...JD, Horrie and me". How so? Take away JD and Horrie and what would you say? Not, "It was just I".

Todays comment brought to you by Steve's Grammar Tips Inc.

12:30 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice last long hit out for Caboolture Tesso - I hope we won't be hearing too much from you this week ;-)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Where do I subscribe to Steve's Grammar Tips Inc?

A good long run but it leaves me wondering if Horrie is capable of running the same distance in four and a half hours.

3:49 PM  
Blogger miners said...

hee hee ... plodded along ... ha

Hey, things are looking pretty damn good for Caboolture Tess. I'll be thinking of you and your partners in crime on the day (well, night I guess)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Heaps of k's there, do you have any spare for me.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Gosh Tesso! How do you do it? That is a pretty impressive tally for January. Feb will include the 12Hr so I can't wait to see what you manage to clock up.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Horrie said...

Tesso, it was great running with you and JD. I really enjoyed it for the first 24km but was happy to let you guys go when I had to stop and dilute some more sports drink when I ran out. Looking forward to seeing how you go at Caboolture. You are looking good to crack the century. Good luck with it.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home