Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pat Malone

Today Total: 9k
Week Total: 9k
Month Total: 205k
Year Total: 205k

On Pat's pgm this morning was 30/30s - 30 secs fast, 30 secs slow. On the physio's advice I'm not doing any sprinting at the moment but rather than skip the session altogether (and likely do something lazy instead) I rocked up and asked Pat for an alternative. He suggested 1 min fast, 30 secs slow - that way the fast wouldn't be a sprint.

After warming up with the group and doing strides on the grass, they set off running around the 'square' and I headed up and down the main straight. I managed to squeeze in 12 sets before I saw the pack coming toward me on their warmdown.

I thought it might be difficult doing the session alone, but surprisingly it wasn't too bad at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

I rode past you on the way home yesterday, but was too slow to say g'day, so Hi Tesso!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I was going to come and do Pats session for the first time today until I looked at the program. I didn't think that Im up to putting the pace on just yet. Unlike you I didn't look for an alternative and remained in bed :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good discipline for the 12 hour - believe it or not - your often on your own out there :-)

7:53 PM  
Blogger miners said...

I thought from the blog title you might have been completely doing it solo this morning! I should have known you are too much the social butterfly not to join in, at least for the warm-ups.

I can't get over how often you Brissy guys just happen to bump into each other during runs/rides. If I don't go and join a group here in town, I can miss seeing my other running buddies here for weeks!

btw - how could anyone have smaller lorna janes than yourself?

9:54 AM  
Blogger miners said...

P.S. Thanks for the tips on the coke consumption. I'm not much of a fan either normally, so I'll totally cut it out altogether from now and see how that goes.

Not so sure about my abilities to give up my flat whites though :(

9:55 AM  
Blogger Toasty said...

I was thinking about this post for awhile and the idea of solo training ..... I like it ..... when you are out there alone it's so much easier to slack off. Not taking it easy takes willpower, which is very useful during a race .... I think it's good mind training. I'd be interested in the times you need to drive yourself and would make a great post.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home